Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Canned Sheep hunt, can you believe this!

Default Canned Sheep hunt, can you believe this!

http://cgi.ebay.com/SASKATCHEWAN-ALA...14%7C294%3A25\

Link to a Alaskan canned sheep hunt. What is this hunting world coming to!

Steve0

might wanna email that to the troopers and let them look into that one, pretty sure there's gotta be some lines crossed by takin' a live alaskan sheep to canada, gotta say thats a nice sheep for the price and at least you don't need an airplane to find it and keep tabs on it either....
    this was gonna happen sooner or later, the worlds all about killing and not huntin' any more, i hear it all the time from guys calling to book hunts. All they wanna know is success rate, i don't think anyone has ever asked me if they'll have fun, if i'm legal, if i've killed any of my clients. They just wanna kill...you pay money you get bear. Thats the mindset now thanks to this sorta hunt they are selling. sad sad sad. feel bad for that sheep, unless he was pen raised, he's missin' his view i garuntee it!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Now that's sad. Just as sad, I'm sure someone will book it.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default Canned Sheep Hunt

Funny how it seems no body wants to actually hunt anymore, I guess I don't have the kind of money it takes to go on a canned hunt... Nor would I want to... It will be interesting to see what someone will pay to shoot that sheep... I guess for the right amount of money one can actually get anything they want.... That's too bad

Troopers should be informed, I doubt you can capture and transport a sheep from one country to another without some kind of paper work....

I am sure they are legal. I live a few hours away from one of the biggest exotic animal sale barns in the world. I have seen just about every animal on the planet run threw the ring for sale including dall sheep.

Who knows if it's an actual Alaskan sheep. They have Dalls in Canada too. Sad to see, though
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Look at how terribly thin that Dall Sheep is!
    I agree with BrwnBear that this needs to be reported.

I would NEVER pay 12k for a hunt that had a skinny sheep like that. I would rather spend the 12k and invest in my own gear and book my own fly out rather than doing this kind of hunt.

Who knows?
    The guy plays a good website, I can tell you that much.
    www.huntingrich.com

Default sheep hunt

It could just be a simple scam. With 50% downpayment, they have what they want already.

I highly doubt it's actually an Alaskan animal. As mentioned previously, they're raised on farms and sold to shooters (not hunters) in high-fence operations in Texas among other places. It's a sad state of affairs, but most likely legal.

Unhappy

That is disgusting.

Default Not 12K but 24K

COtoAK --"I would NEVER pay 12k for a hunt that had a skinny sheep like that. "

Read the listing down below, this guy is saying that the 50% deposite is $11,999 and then you must pay the other $11,999 upon arrival. What a shmuck!!!

Default Very sporting indeed

Nich shot of the fenceYou'd have to be a complete idiot to buy into this.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Default Truely sad

It was depressing just to see that ram behind a fence.
    Lord, I hope nobody bids....

Canned hunts are happening because we continue to allow names in record books, continue to condone much of what is shown on the Outdoor Channel, and because some hunting orgs throw so much support to the canned hunt industry.

It's sad that so many new young hunters are being introduced to hunting in this fashion. Truly sad.

Angry What a story

I cant believe this. This is the kinda of thing that gives real hunters a bad name.
    What would the guy who shoots it tells his buddy's when they see it on the wall? "I threw a candy bar over the fence and when he came over to sniff it I let him have it"?

Shame. Taking the hunt out of hunting is just wrong. This is a prime example of the downward spiral our kids are going to have to deal with and more.

My bet is some type of scam. Otherwise some really warped values. Someone from Canada must know that sheep and what park or zoo it lives at. I mean wouldnt they just make a whole lot more money selling a beautiful animal like that to a park or zoo? They would make the money back really quick in entrance fees to see that cool sheep. I think you can make deer horns grow really big by what you feed them. I wonder if that works for sheep too? Weird story.
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

we can thank SCI for this, they'll allow it in their book.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    All they wanna know is success rate, i don't think anyone has ever asked me if they'll have fun, if i'm legal, if i've killed any of my clients.
    Jake, if I had the bucks I'd book a hunt with ya just because from what I've come to know of you on here it would have to be fun!!!

Canned stuff stinks.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Check the guy's other e-bay listings... there's plenty to be mad about.

For a mere $45,999 you could have a guaranteed shot at the next World Record Nontypical Whitetail (possibly...hard to measure a live deer). Sick.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast