Thread: Big Lake

Default Big Lake

Ok, first off, I have never fished Big Lake the 5 years I have lived here and would like to get after a few Burbot and Char. Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction? Maybe a good depth to start or certain topography. Thanks, I'd appreciate help. Don't need honey holes, a starting point would make me happy as a little lamb.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

my buddy and i went to my usual spot un sunday and pulled a 20 and 22 inch char. we fished just off an island that we accessed from south big lake. i got the 22 in 20 ft of water, and my buddy got his in about 35 ft. the bottom of the lake is pretty steep as well as the topography of the island. if you find a fifth wheel parked just offshore of a small island with only a couple cabins you should give it a try. oh yeah, i got mine on a 3"clear tube jig, and my buddy used a glow little cleo. chum doesn't hurt. good luck!

thanks for the info.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

If you go over towards the Islander there is a small island with some kind of electrical or telephone box on it. I have had some luck just off that island. It is a fairly popular place you should see holes there. I fished in about 15 feet of water.

Smile

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing....php?board=4.0 Check out the post titled Good ol' Big Lake. Should be helpful.