Thread: when to buy AR upper?

Default when to buy AR upper?

Holy cow! Ar uppers are virtually impossible to get right now. So what is a guy to do? Just desperatley look and pay the huge price or wait it out for a few months till everything calms down a bit? Will prices be the same or will the MFG's jack them up?

Your guess would be as good as mine price wise. I have seen a few adds in shotgun news though. Ill post back with em sometime tomorrow unless you can pick up a copy.

If all else fails, the guys in fbks or anch ought to have some. Last I heard Far North had some kits (might be willing to sell an upper) and so on.

Talking to a guy at work today and he bought a kit from delton. right now they are at a 40 working day wait. thats not bad. My boss bought an upper from JT dist, and he's looking at 8-10 weeks.

I ordered a bbl and bolt carrier from FTF and I dont want to call them and see how long I have to wait.

Default obama shuffle

The scare of guns being banned... The gun buy rush is slowing down, anything AR15 is backordered and not in stock anywhere. You might get lucky on gunbroker BUT like you said, the price wont be very pretty.

Default Del ton

I ordered a rifle kit from Del ton two weeks ago, they said 8-10 weeks. I hope they don't raise the price, but who knows. They have not charged my card yet. Wait and see....

Personally, if in your position, I would search high and low and keep searching, but in the meantime, I'd put one on backorder at current prices (if your retailer/mfg will honor the current price) to avoid the price spikes and to simply 'get in line'.

Talking order and wait

I ordered two 16" CAR parts kits from model 1 sales on November 5th and they just arrived today. Del-Ton's web sight says 8-16 weeks to process new orders. Sure hope they don't cost me a speeding ticket on the way home from work.

Standard delivery times, if you can get a quote, are now reaching 25 to 30 weeks for most of the suppliers, ie, DPMS, Stag, Rock River, Doublestar. prices from the manufacturers I've contacted are remaining stable but that could change any time. Things should normalize just about the time the Dems launch their first gun control legislation and we'll be off and running again.

Default delton

Ordered my rifle kit on November 5th and it was shipped on Dec. 6th. Order now and you should have one in a month or so. hillbilly