Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some trapline pics..

Default Some trapline pics..

Started out at -27 and a almost full moon.

Getting ready to take off for the day.

One of two I caught this weekend and also my second biggest ever, an honest 35#'s!

Came out of the high country and had some over flow issues.

When enough is enough! Sometimes you just gotta turn around. I had to back track 14 miles when I was just two miles from the cabin!

Nice large dark one! Also seen where he must have had a buddy eating a spruce chicken near by as the sign was fresh.

Going up river I ran into this fresh blow down. It's much bigger then it looks. I made an attempt with the bow saw but quickly decided it would be easier to cut a trail up and around and bring the chain saw back next week.

The kids stayed busy while I was gone..

Thumbs up

Looks like a great start to the year Steve! That overflow looks like its going to be a bit of a pain for you. Good luck!

My wife loves those pictures of Lynx that everyone puts up. Nice fish too.
    Why don't you put those up in the trapping pictures forum. It will be nice to look at throughout the year and even better an the end of the year to see totals. Not to mention the month or so before next season when we're getting fired up to get out.

Thumbs up

Talk about enjoying life! Congrats. Keep posting pic's.

Great photos and looks like a great time had by all. Thanks for sharing.

Great pics Steve, glad you are catching some fur! Running into overflow like that is always a bummer, sure have a lot of it on all the side creeks here this winter. Man I wish we had a place to catch fish in the winter; that would be a real treat.

You having any problems with the marten fur when you catch them that far into a 120 like that? If I catch them that far in I will often get some fur damage.

Great pics Steve!

Be sure to get all the kitty cats off my place so I don't have to sic my new Chiwawa on them.

How long does it take to warm your place up?

Mike

Very Nice thanks for the pics

Nice pictures steve I enjoyed them. Hey did you install some support brackets under your tunnel on the machine? I have a similiar set up with a cargo rack and wanted to build a box similiar but was concerned about collapsing the tunnel with the weight.

Mark- I use 110's and I seem to catch them deep when ever I set the box mostly horizontal. I'm not sure why, maybe they dart in when set like that. Once in a while I'll have slight damamge behind the front shoulder but only one or two a year.

Mike- The cats are really on the move after that full moon. I am seeing sign in places I have never seen cat sign. I wanted to put out more sets but the temps were too dangerous last weekend. Fishing started out really hot when the lakes first iced up(Sean caught a 16#er) but since has REALLY slowed. The cabin was -24 in the inside when I arrived last sat morning and with the Big Buddy heater(propane) and the wood stove, I had it up to 10 above in about an hour before I headed out to the line. When I came back 5 hours later it was 65 deg and stayed toasty all night. I heard it when I was building and it's true, the logs do take a while to heat but once they are I can really choke down the stove.

Martenpine- That sled is a 89', back when they built them Ford Tough! Theres enough bracing to tow concrete blocks if I wanted. Love that sled...

Steve, that's an old Trail Touring Deluxe right? It came in a fan 488? Great machine.

Kusko-Yup! Love the low range for getting up hills, reverse, and love it being a fan cooled. I hope it runs for ever..

Default Q for ya Steve

Trailblazersteve,
    Very nice looking cat, marten, and fish. Roughly, where is your cabin, just curious?
    Also-what's the little moose rack on the back of your machine for in the pic as you are departing the cabin?
    Thanks,
    BK

bkmail- My place is in the Glennallen area and the moose rack is for wolf pee sets.

Default tbsteve

pm sent..to you

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Get that young man a jacket. Everytime I look at him, I get cold. He must have a thick skin. I don't believe that I have met him yet.

I forgot, nice fish by the kids!! Your lake or the big one? Have you went back to the lake where you got the bows last year?

Mike

Mike, my lake. Those boys with the shacks are slaying them on your lake. Mostly on tip ups and more then one over 16#s. That is Hunter and he IS thick skinned. He is Seans boy. Big enough to start tagging along now. Havn't been over to 'bow lake since ice up but had a buddy who did and he SAID he got skunked btu not sure if I can trust him,lol. I'll be doing more fishing once trapping is done Feb 28th!

Steve,
    I am planning a trip after the first of the year. Working the bugs out of my ability to ride a snowmachine and the conditioning for such an excursion (I ride like a drunk and am out of shape).

I have an area that requires considerable augering.

Mike

Right on man! Looks like fun too me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast