Thread: which island in PWS for a late fall combo

Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska, United States

Default which island in PWS for a late fall combo

I am looking at planning a late oct/early nov deer, bear combo hunt somewhere in the sound. For you guys that have been out there and done it, which island would you go to, for your money. I am wanting to kill a deer and if i get the chance at a bear great but i dont plan on hunting one or the other exclusivly. I will be bow hunting so i am really just looking at the best place to get an oppertunity at a shot. Any info you guys can give would be great, and thanks in advance.

What species of bear? For brown bear, check out Montegue or Hinchinbrook. For black bear, possibly Knight Island.

sorry, it would be a browny, deer combo. Does anyone have much experiance on those islands as of late. is there a good number of deer and bears out there?

man no one has anything to help me out. Has anyone been out there in the fall?

Default Answers

You got'em from Brian. That's the choices, I would call the Bios and ask them for the best brown bear hunting island and hope for deer second.

Truth be told I would go on a deer hunt AND a bear hunt, better chance at great hunts for both.

Gooch