Thread: Winter King Reports

Default Winter King Reports

I was just wondering if anyone has any reports on winter king fishing out of Homer. I am going to try and get out sometime around the middle of January if the weather is friendly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by hoose35 View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone has any reports on winter king fishing out of Homer. I am going to try and get out sometime around the middle of January if the weather is friendly enough.

I have not been out, but they are almost always near the typical spots. The action is rarely hot. I would be more worried about the roads and the boat ramp then I would about the fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by T.R. Bauer View Post
    I have not been out, but they are almost always near the typical spots. The action is rarely hot. I would be more worried about the roads and the boat ramp then I would about the fishing.
    Fishing has been good when weather allows.Good close in the bay as well as out.Ramp is open but a little slick with a heavy boat.

Default hooked two, landed one

on sunday ... tried a few passes at chugachik yesterday cause i was there at the right tide, but no luck.
    maybe tomorrow
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/