Thread: I found the ultimate camp chair...

Default I found the ultimate camp chair...

At 6'6" 300 lbs, I am a walking torture test for camp chairs. On nearly every float trip, I will usually need some paracord and duct tape to keep my chair together. I found the perfect camp chair and thought I would pass it on just in case anyone else has had similar issues. The best part is that it only weighs 5.3 lbs and pack into its own bag (22" x 4" x 6"). It goes together in a snap and the fit and finish far surpassed my expectations. Just got two of them for my upcoming trip on the Kongakut. I don't expect to be needing paracord.

SEATING SURFACE: SLING TYPE WITH BACK AND ARM RESTS
    SETUP/PACK: LESS THAN 1 MINUTE WITH NO SMALL LOOSE PARTS
    WEIGHT CAPACITY: 350 LB TESTED TO OVER 750 LB
    PACKED SIZE: 4" BY 6" BY 22"
    SEAT HEIGHT: APPROX. 11.5"
    WEIGHT: APPROX. 5.3 LB
    WARRANTY: 5 YEARS COVERING FUNCTION
    MATERIALS: OAK FRAME COATED WITH MARINE FINISH, 2/3 LB OF ALUMINUM PLATES & BARS, NUTS & BOLTS OF STAINLESS STEEL,
    COVERS & BAG MADE OF 1000 DENIER NYLON PACK CLOTH
    COLORS: FOREST GREEN, BURGUNDY, BLACK, NAVY, & RED
    ALL CHAIRS HAVE BLACK BAGS

http://www.kermitchair.com/index.html
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

I opt for a crazy creek chair with velcro on the bottom of it and on the lid of my ice chest or dry box. Use the type that uses a therm-a-rest insert and it saves a lot of weight/space hassles.

It's a nice chair, but I prefer chairs with metallic legs and armrests, and most of all, chairs with high backs, like the ones over at Sam's Club and such, but of higher quality. Most of these Chinese-maid chairs fall apart after a few uses, when the pins, at the mid point where the legs cross, break. However, the backs are tall enough for me to fall asleep while sitting. I just place a small cushion behind my lower back (about kidney-level), and snore away.