Thread: Another boat from our buddies in NZ

Default Another boat from our buddies in NZ

I just got this picture of Konrad Scotts new demo boat down in NZ. I believe he's planning to being one really similar to this up here at some point this summer for us to check out. I know its small and all, but them guys in NZ sure seem to swear by them, I'm kind of excited to try one out. I see he's kind of improved a bit on the digital dash location compared to the way John Ekelmann managed to fit mine in, and it looks like he's adopted Johns idea for the electric reverse joystick too.

(I couldnt help but show another pic of Mike Harris' Tahr from last week... guess thats how they can get by with the small boats like they do huh!)

Thumbs up

The cup holders must be in the seats? Port side steering? The green clashes with the blue. Should have a center stick. Will it have the new LSA 6.2L GM supercharged all aluminum Kodiak engine? Glad to hear he is returning.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Default I think...

1) The cup holders might just be a guys pockets!
    2) He's like me, he thinks them sticks are overrated! (I know, I know, you really like them center stick steers )
    3) Maybe hes' left handed? (port side steering excuse!)
    4) He's putting a custom LS making 545 hp and 500 ft/lbs in it. I think Riddle is building a demo boat for Scott that will have that new SC motor your talking about... we're trying to talk them into bringing that up here this summer!

Shotgun!
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Quote Originally Posted by chriso View Post
    4) He's putting a custom LS making 545 hp and 500 ft/lbs in it. I think Riddle is building a demo boat for Scott that will have that new SC motor your talking about... we're trying to talk them into bringing that up here this summer!
    HOLY SMACKERS!...you could sell tickets for a little joy ride in one of those......where does the ticket line start?...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Default Quick

Looks like a fast ride; I'ld like to go for a joy ride IF he'll clean the windscreen.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Default Chris

Chris keep us informed if and when he is going to be here. I'd really like to look at that boat!! Like you said when he was up here last time, boats up here need some structure. Do you think this boat is built as stout as your riddle? I'm still smiling from that ride in your boat!

Quote Originally Posted by TBLOOMA View Post
    Chris keep us informed if and when he is going to be here. I'd really like to look at that boat!! Like you said when he was up here last time, boats up here need some structure. Do you think this boat is built as stout as your riddle? I'm still smiling from that ride in your boat!
    I'm not sure on the strength to tell the truth, they build them with a lot of beef (I think he said 1/2" bottoms if I remember right) but Riddle's steel application is tough as I've ever seen, and I've bent 3/8" aluminum bottom like no big deal, so I'm not sure how much you gain with 1/2"

It sure looks fun thoguh doesnt it?

Default I agree

that boat looks fun!!! Is that about the same HP as yours , just 3' shorter?
    If my brother comes up, I'll bring him out to 20 mile if he can get a ride in your boat, he would love it, maybe throw the wife in there too so she can see what the next boat will be!!