Thread: Best time to be gone

Default Best time to be gone

Kind of an oxymoron. I have a friend that is wondering the best time to go out of the state and miss the least amount of fishing from May-Aug. What 2 week period would you recommend as a good time to be gone?

Quote Originally Posted by roknjs View Post
    Kind of an oxymoron. I have a friend that is wondering the best time to go out of the state and miss the least amount of fishing from May-Aug. What 2 week period would you recommend as a good time to be gone?
    I'd say middle May
    http://www.youtube.com/growden1

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Quote Originally Posted by roknjs View Post
    I'd say as close to the beginning of May as possible. Surely not any period in June, July or August.

Anywhere between the 1st and 3rd week of May.

It's unanimous...the sooner in May, the better.

Depends on the location as the tractor launch opens at Deep Creek around the first of May and the king/halibut fishing is good right off the bat and does not really slow down until around early June and then streams all over South Central are all starting to heat up. But,anytime between May - August you are going to miss out on some fishing in South Central Alaska if you are not around. Tell him none of the above and leave for two weeks in January/February.