Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There is a Santa Claus for left hander's!

Default There is a Santa Claus for left hander's!

Another forum member and myself managed to snag one of these rifles from Buds Guns (online). They were advertised as having a 23 inch barrel and no iron sights. The price was $617 before shipping.
    Once they were delivered to our respective dealers we were both extremely surprised! The rifles are stainless steel, black laminated stock, left hand, 20 inch barrel and complete with iron sights in the .375 Ruger chambering. Somehow Buds didnt realize exactly what they were. The other lucky gent who picked up one of these called Ruger and they confirmed they made about 25 of these and (hope I do not misquote him) and had no plans to make any more.
    I have not fired it yet so can not comment on how accurate it is but the handling of this rifle is superb. It points like a light shotgun and if I close my eyes while I shoulder it the iron sights are in perfect alignment when I open them. Today I spent about an hour lapping in the bolt as it was a tad rough out of the box. Trigger is very nice and breaks at about 4.5 pounds almost creep free. I think it could stand to have a better pad installed as the factory pad is just hard rubber. Not exactly the ticket for a light rifle than has slightly better ballistics than the time proven 375 H&H.
    But to find a control round feed stainless rifle in any 375 chambering and left handed is truely remarkable for just over $600. Heck, even the scope rings are included.

Lefties, keep on surfing. Sometimes we get really lucky!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tennessee

nice score!!

Right handed and a 24" barrel that would be a perfect Alaskan rifle in my mind.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    Another forum member and myself managed to snag one of these rifles from Buds Guns (online). They were advertised as having a 23 inch barrel and no iron sights. The price was $617 before shipping.
    Once they were delivered to our respective dealers we were both extremely surprised! The rifles are stainless steel, black laminated stock, left hand, 20 inch barrel and complete with iron sights in the .375 Ruger chambering. Somehow Buds didnt realize exactly what they were. The other lucky gent who picked up one of these called Ruger and they confirmed they made about 25 of these and (hope I do not misquote him) and had no plans to make any more.
    I have not fired it yet so can not comment on how accurate it is but the handling of this rifle is superb. It points like a light shotgun and if I close my eyes while I shoulder it the iron sights are in perfect alignment when I open them. Today I spent about an hour lapping in the bolt as it was a tad rough out of the box. Trigger is very nice and breaks at about 4.5 pounds almost creep free. I think it could stand to have a better pad installed as the factory pad is just hard rubber. Not exactly the ticket for a light rifle than has slightly better ballistics than the time proven 375 H&H.
    But to find a control round feed stainless rifle in any 375 chambering and left handed is truely remarkable for just over $600. Heck, even the scope rings are included.

Lefties, keep on surfing. Sometimes we get really lucky!
    What a score! Sounds like it handles like my trusty 375H&H, but mine is blued and a lefty Rem 700 action. At 7 pounds it will really open your eyes (and severely smack your shoulder) from the bench with heavy bullets, but it's a joy to pack. Not bad at all offhand though, and accurate as a striking snake.

Wanna trade? No, huh...... Can't blame you.

Congratulations!

Congratulations Randy...great caliber...great deal!! Post a picture and let us know how it shoots.

Nice find guy's. Interesting Ruger would only produce such a low number of rifles, doesn't seem very cost productive?

Quote Originally Posted by plumber View Post
    Nice find guy's. Interesting Ruger would only produce such a low number of rifles, doesn't seem very cost productive?
    Not a gunsmith, but it appears to me Ruger already has the actions and stocks. All they had to do was to apply the 375 barrel with sights and maybe inlett the barrel channel. Actually it could be a cheap way to test a market.

Doc, photo was included in my comments.
    Tennessee

I missed the photo the first time...just checked it out now...very handy and practical looking Alaska rig. Looks like it would carry well and shoulder quickly...I like it. Did you mention how much it weighed? Left-handed CRF...really cool.

Default Cowabunga !!!

I was lucky enough to get one of those rifles at Buds on layaway. I thought they had just come out with a 23" version without sights since the price was the same as the other Hawkeyes in that configuration. I hope they dont try to jack up the price on me before I can get them the rest of the cash....great lookin rig Snowwolfe.

Dude

Way to go Snowwolfe!!! Remember that thread from last week about left handed rifles and you mentioned that you'd purchased the Lefty. And I chimed in about Rugers in .375 in a stainless, left hand, 20"???? Yeah, I scared the crap out of my girlfriend running around the living room beating holes in the drywall with my forehead after I read your first post!! That's great!! Not to try to steal your story but like I said, after I ordered my MRC, my FFL dealer called me up and said he had found a .375 Ruger in left hand for like $620. So any leads on more? Great Find!!

I'm always on the look out for left handed guns. Last spring I found a Browning A-bolt in SS, 375 H&H at Great northen on consignment. Shoots sub-min, alway a great day when you find a good lefty. Enjoy your new Ruger and good find.

Default Ugh!

Crap! a day late and a dollar short (but that's nothing Visa can't fix)

They're sold out, but I put it on my "wish list" to let them know they're wanted.

Great score-
    Drink indigenous.

To answer Doc's question, it weighs 7 pounds 11 ounces empty. Should put it at about 9 pounds scoped and loaded.
    Easy to carry but a little hard on the shoulder with full power loads. Am giving some serious thought to adding a 1 inch decelerator pad to it.
    Tennessee

Default Got one!!!!!

Lucky me!!!! I found one this morning. $598 before shipping. Took a lot of internet surfing, but it paid off.

You guys are killing me...but congratulations to you all!

Randy, thanks for posting the weight...it looked light...I was curious. 9 pounds with a scope is going to be good in my opinion. BTW, I have a decelerator pad on my 375H&H and it is sweet...do it.

Default LH

Snowwolfe & I got one from Buds. Have not shot mine yet. Can,t till after the first of the year. mine has a new style softer Hawkeye pad very thin. I had a 1/2" Pachmeyer off a Ruger MK 2 that fits well. I bedded stock after talking to Ruger. They would not replace stock if modified but they have no LH 375 Laminate stocks in inventory and have no plans to make any more. So rather than take a chance I bedded it with Marine Tex. The person I talked to at Ruger said it was a limited market rifle and very few were produced. It has 1 crossbolt installed behind recoil lug. I am very happy to have found one.

Dang nice rifle. I am a lefty as well and they are hard to come by. You will love the stainless. I would not buy a new rifle unless it was.

Smile I found one!!

I just about burned up my computer but after countless searches, I currently hold in my hands a .375 Ruger, LH SS, 20" barrel with iron sights, wheww. Good job gentlemen on letting us know these were out there. I can't wait to get to the range. Ordered up dies and brass and such, but will go with some factory loads first. Will bed it first just to be safe, been reading about the limited number of stocks available and I'm not much of a wood carver. And this stock makes such a good pillow I found out last night, sleeping on the couch after I told my girlfriend I bought another gun!!!!

Xtratuff, Here's how I dealt with that issue. I told my wife that there are ships coming and going in the port all the time and there is always the chance of a Circus shipment busting loose releasing say a Tiger. Now how would you feel if a Tiger attacked and there wasn't a rifle handy in every room and one of the neighbor kids got mauled. This is a hard one for any woman to argue with!

Default Mounting screw length?

Hey Guys, quick question for you. I was looking over my left handed ruger 20" on a laminate stock and noticed a couple things:
    1) barrel needs to be floated, stock rubs in the forward inch or two. Need to relieve the stock out, then look at bedding it. When I tighten the action screws, considerable "torque" is place against the action all the way to the lug, causing the stock to spring.
    2) the rear trigger guard screw seems WAY to short. Like if you turn it out, it only is seated about 3-4 threads deep. When it's seated, looking down into the hole from behind the bolt there's about a quarter inch of thread left. Need to find longer screw. Any of you guys researched this yet? Have looked at Midway (sell replacement screws but give no dimensions) and Brownells (they give sizes and dimensions but all I could find listed was for Remington actions, but need the same Fillister type head) Any input would be great, thanks.

I noticed this on my "Go To" Gun, so I had to break into the box of my other one just to look but not take it out of the bag. Oops, forgot to mention, I bought two, one for me and one to stash away.

I found one for you left-handers to fight over:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=121403990

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast