Thread: Alaska trip

Default Alaska trip

Hey guys I'm new here and I was looking for some advice on good lodges and guide services in Alaska. I'm from Ontario Canada and I looking to maybe plan a trip out there for Grayling or rainbow trout or lake trout, anything that is guaranteed to excellent fly fishing. I'm not quite sure what my budget will end up being but right now I'd say 2-3 thou.

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Derek.

Default hmm

the katmai lodges would have alot to offer... that is truly premier fly fishing. that would be and will be my choice when i save up enough to blow on a fishing trip!!!

Default Kvichak River

Here is an excellent option: Blueberry Island Lodge. This is a self guided lodge, you bring your own provisions, but is an excellent location with excellent fishing opportunities. You are allowed free use of a power boat to access different areas of the Kvichak River. George and Amy Riddle are most excellent hosts.... most definitely worth your time to look.

Another option is in Soldotna, All Alaska Outdoors lodge. This outfit has a variety of options avialable from fly-out to Kenai River trips.

Figure about 5K per week at a full service lodge.

Good luck... And certainly feel free to ask any of your questions here and you will find great suggestions/advice.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanfishguides View Post
    Here is an excellent option: Blueberry Island Lodge. This is a self guided lodge, you bring your own provisions, but is an excellent location with excellent fishing opportunities. You are allowed free use of a power boat to access different areas of the Kvichak River. George and Amy Riddle are most excellent hosts.... most definitely worth your time to look.

George is a class act. Been thinking of going to his lodge myself.

Other than that option, have you considered a float trip? It is well within your price range and the fishing is top notch. I know a trip where you can catch lake trout, grayling, dolly vardon, reds, silvers, and rainbows in the same week. PM if interested. Easier to do than you might think. Below are some images from our recent trips. Food for thought.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2114408...7603727567944/
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

See Derrek
    I told you there's lots of good info here.
    I do a month long trip each fall on the kind of $$$$ you are willing to put out.
    Pick up this book for tons of good ideas.
    Available here and the author is a member of the site.
    http://www.outdoorsdirectory.com/sto...products_id=59

Default My Thanks!

Thanks for the visual! You blew me away on that one!

Our Canada newcomer has plenty of options if he does his homework.

Don't forget Kodiak; there's plenty of fly fishing space off the road system that you can do unguided and productive while staying at a quality roadside lodge. That trip fits your budget perfectly.

Feel free to PM me your phone number and the call is on me...

Rosenberg/Florida
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

I'd reccomend YT or NWT for lake trout and grayling.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.