Thread: 1-3 Year Old Lab Wanted

Default 1-3 Year Old Lab Wanted

Looking for a 1-3 year old lab, I have a decent size yard, and a great area to run at my cabin. I can offer a good stable home, plenty of exercise and adventure for a dog. Any help or leads would be appreciated.

Thanks

I just got in a male retriever that I had previously trained for waterfowl. The owner wasn't able to keep the dog. I ran this dog in several hunt test before this dog was a year old. This dog obtained a Junior title through my program. I'd say this dog is now about 2 1/2 and maybe a little rusty on some training, but the longer he stays with me those cobwebs will get removed.
    This dog will not be free. But if your looking for a retriever worth the money.......contact me.

Another candidate for you.
    Just got in a 14 week black female. I was told by the surrendering party that it is purebred, BUT she has a sprig of white hairs on her chest and on the front of some toes on one back foot. Other than that she is black all over. Very nice pup, relatively calm and likes to sleep on my day bed. I have a doggy door and she goes out it to go potty.

Akfishon, your message box is full. I wasn't able to PM you to answer your last question.

He is black and about 85-90 lbs.

Default Thanks to all

Wanted to tell everyone thanks for all the information and details about labs. I was fortunate to be able to pick up the yellow lab that the photo was posted on in this thread. He is a very well mannered dog and continuing his already strong training will make him a great member to our family.

Thanks for all the other PMs, and information on the other labs from folks and I wish I could take them all but we are happy with our choice of a great dog. Going to put a bow around him on Christmas for our boys and it will probably be the first time we will really surprised them for a Christmas gift, however this dog will also be training them and providing them a lesson in life.

Again thanks to all the great folks on the forum and for all the help.

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wetland Retrievers View Post
    Another candidate for you.
    Just got in a 14 week black female. I was told by the surrendering party that it is purebred, BUT she has a sprig of white hairs on her chest and on the front of some toes on one back foot. Other than that she is black all over. Very nice pup, relatively calm and likes to sleep on my day bed. I have a doggy door and she goes out it to go potty.
    We picked up this lab Sunday from Baron & Alicia at Wetland Retrievers as a rescue dog, she has turned out great. Perfect for my son and my wife. Daisy goes potty outside, uses the doggy door and is really calm, smart and very well socialized for a puppy. She is retrieving dummies in the house and is learning the basics very quickly. Before too long she will no doubt be upfront in the boat, ears flapping in the wind, headed to the cabin for a swim in the Yentna. Thanks again for all your help! Merry Christmas to everyone... I know ours will be very merry!

Great looking lab, hope the best for Christmas mine is still staying at the neighbors until Christmas day. He is not that little though, and he is sure to improve my run time.

Now, that's a pretty baby.

Congratulations.

sport drifter
    Thank you for providing a loving home for this deserving pup.

A big thanks to everyone that does there part in providing homes for homeless pets. During the time when my wife and I were operating the rescue at full scale we would place about 100 dogs a year into new homes. We operated that way for 6 years, so that was about 600 dogs. It was an overwhelming task. Unfortunately, since then we have scaled way back. We didn't want to.....it was a heart wrenching decision. But, we still help out when we can.

There are lots of rescue organizations and individuals like yourselves that help out everyday.
    I wish to thank you and everyone for doing there part.

Default XMass Lab

Santa brought a great yellow lab this year!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice pics guys! Enjoy your new babies!
    "It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Default Props for Baron & Alicia (and the baby!)

We got two labs from Wetland 2 years ago now, and they've been great. Baron worked with my male chocolate (Rudy) the next summer to introduce him to birds and get him over being a little gun shy. Below is a pic of Rudy from our last duck hunt to the Kustatan, and from a trip to North Dakota for pheasants last month. Once he got used to things we don't have up here, like barbed wire, cowpies, and COWS (what ARE those big black things coming at us going MOO? - THEY'RE GOING TO EAT ME!!!!), he turned on to the birds on the third day like nobody's business. Excellent trip, we'll be doing it again next year.

Smile Much Thanks!

AKFishOn
    Just wanted to thank you for posting an ad looking for a young dog... we had just lost my 13 year old Aussie and two years prior my husbands beloved black lab -- it had been rough around this place with no furry children! If you had not posted your request and Baron had not replied with info about "Daisy" and I had not stumbled across it--- we may have missed out on a fantastic dog... she has yet to have an accident, only plays with her toys -- well occasionally she will grab an unsupervised lego or matchbox car - she is retrieving in the hall and sits/stays great -- I knew when I walked in and met her that even as a happy, healthy, typical lab puppy -- when she did not jump on me - she was the ONE!!
    Again, thanks to you and Baron for helping us find a perfect fit for our family.
    Happy New Year!
    Sport Drifter's Wife

Your welcome, the posting turned out very well for me to as I'm still amazed of the lab we have in the family now. He is sleeping at my feet as I type this as he had a couple of hours of fetch tonight after my boys took him on a long trip around. I was also amazed by the amount of PM and replies this thread generated and I though this would be a hard process but it seems that there are a lot of very good dogs looking for homes.