Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Ice line?

  1. #1
    Member JimJimmers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    189

    Default Ice line?

    Is there a real differnce between line created exclusively for ice fishing, or will stright monofiliament work just as well? Some say yes, other have told me that it doesn't make difference. Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Member moose-head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    @ Seminary, Dubuque Ia
    Posts
    839

    Default

    If you spend the money to buy it then it has done exactly what it was designed to do.

  3. #3
    Member JimJimmers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    189

    Default

    That's kinda' what I figured....

    I've been using basic simple monofiliament and it hasn't seemed to slow down the number of fish I catch...unless of course, I'm fishing at Beach Lake! In that case, fly-line would offer just as much of a chance!

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimJimmers View Post
    That's kinda' what I figured....

    I've been using basic simple monofiliament and it hasn't seemed to slow down the number of fish I catch...unless of course, I'm fishing at Beach Lake! In that case, fly-line would offer just as much of a chance!
    If you are jigging or using a rod and reel, you can probably get by with it. Don't even attempt to use mono on a tip up or a bubot setline though. I tried and it was a miserable mess to deal with. The ice fishing line seems to work better on tip ups. But I would not hesitate to use some of the newer fiber lines that are out now a days. They seem to be limber enough to not snarl up.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  5. #5
    Member pike_palace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the 907
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    You might try some Berkley Fireline in 4lb test. Stuff is amazing.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •