Thread: Shooting Sticks

Default Shooting Sticks

What do you guys/gals like for good high quality reliable shooting sticks that don't make a lot of noise, etc?

Thanks in advance...

I always carry a set of Stoney Point sticks. These collapse to about 18", and extend to around 65" or so. However, I have never had the need to use them to shoot game, since I hunt from a stationary place and already have several wooden tripods strategically placed around the pocky knob I stand on.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfromAK View Post
    I always carry a set of Stoney Point sticks. These collapse to about 18", and extend to around 65" or so.
    I second that. I always carry my stoney point.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    What do you guys/gals like for good high quality reliable shooting sticks that don't make a lot of noise, etc?

Thanks in advance...
    I just do double duty with my single walking staff. Works good enough for me and it's always ready.

Just went to the Stoney point website to buy some Steady Stix II Magnums and of all things it actually won't let me ship it to Alaska! What the heck? That's unbelievable, we're not talking about ammo, powder, or primers here. Just some sticks. Any other suggestions???

Never mind... Apparently I can order them from any number of other vendors. Still can't believe Stoney point won't ship to Alaska. Crazy.

Lakeside

You should have to live in Canada, with our retricted gun laws. I tried to order a set of flip up scope caps from Cabela's and they would not ship to Canada because they are on the restricted gun parts list.

Go figure

Bought Stoneys 2-3 years ago and have never used them, to be honest I dont even know where they are in my garage. Spending ample time at the range and shooting year round has done wonders for my shooting abilities over the years. The Caribou I shot a week or so ago was a 400+ yards and I made it sitting on my butt resting my left elbow on my thigh, no rest. Practise makes perfect in the real world. Guys going to the range and shooting only off of benches need to be thinking about spending time at the range shooting from real world hunting positions not off the bench, aint many benches in the field!