Thread: Argo repair

Default Argo repair

Argo Bob is back to repairing and doing maintenance on your Argo ATV for you for this winter, Give Bob a call at 907-376-5504 He is located at the Matvalley Rv park ,I think that the name of it, It is on the right side of the road past cabin row heading to Wasilla
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Default Argo parts

I just acquired an older Argo. Does anyone know who manufactured the hydraulic brakes?

If your trying to find brake pads cheaper then $65 good luck How old ? I hope it not so old it has shear pins on the axles.

It was made in about 1985. It does have the shear pins but the price was right. It just sat in a remote location for the last 10 or so years, the throttle assembly was scavenged and brakes needed rebuilt. Found the brake pads and rebuild kits at All Seasons for $$ and Bob actually had the throttle assembly. Converting the axles will probalby be cost prohibitive. Will try it out for a couple seasons across the Tanana in the flats.

Default Argo repair

Sorry Bob if you are watching this thread. I mean no offense but I do want to be careful. My question for this forum is......does anyone have any experiance using "Argo bob" for Argo repairs? Is he reliable and honest? I bought a used Argo this winter and I would like someone knowledgable go through it with a fine tooth comb and tell me what it might need to be in tip top mechanical condition. I would like to use Bob if he's still available and good. If anyone feels uncomfortable answering here than please drop ME a line personaly.
    Thanks everyone for what help ya can give me.

Lonnie
    aka
    Mountain joe
    Last edited by mountain joe; 02-12-2009 at 20:47. Reason: Need to add to it

I have bought some parts off Argo BOB (He probably wishes he had those now ) , Real nice guy he did own the Wasilla Argo dealership until Jason took it over for the entire state.I personally do not know him. But a very nice guy

bnelson

Default Top

This is off subject..but does anyone know where I can buy a fiberblass (used?) top for my 8 wheel avenager. Please dont say all season because I think his prices are to high for me. They must make the tops somewere? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bnelson View Post
    Please don't say all season
    All Season Argo , Good luck on finding a top (Used),Personally I had both fiberglass and the rag top I like the rag top better , Why I do not know I always wear ear muffs when I go out on long trips .The fiberglass just seems to hold more noise.

Five years back I needed new brake pads for Ranger track machine. I had new ones put on by a shop in Anchorage for $15. Canít remember who, sorry.

I would think a top made out of Alun would be lighter and stronger and it not hard to make a top.

Jason at all seasons argo is the only one that makes fiberglass tops for the argo. H made the mold himself and it is in there shop. If you want a fiberglass you need to go through him or make your own mold with a fiberglass worker. sorry man. I just baught the last half hard top off of him last week. the full hard tops take away from your floatability though. makes them too top heavy.

Plaschem made the tops for all season you might call them