Thread: Hunting Valdez

Default Hunting Valdez

Its my first trip to Valdez, I'm going be there for 6 days, unfortunately most of my time will be spent working but i will have free time in the afternoons. Any good deer hunting around Valdez, accesible without a boat? It doesn't have to be all that good, just someplace that I might get lucky. Or should I just leave my gun at home?

Default Valdez

There are very few deer around Valdez that are huntable without a boat. One is spotted from time to time but it is a rarity. There might be some black bears around but with the mountain tops covered with snow they are heading up.

Our weather has been terrible for hunting. I have been walking past my hunting pack, set for a three day goat trip for three weeks now. It is really raining today and awoke me several times last night it was hitting the house so hard.

Thats what I thought but it didn't hurt to ask.....Thanks for the heads up...I'll bring the rain gear. Oh boy!

Default Options

There is one option. Mountain goats. Check the regulations and you will see 1-2 areas that will be acessable from the road. Hook Line and Sinker is the registration point.