Thread: Mid May Trip to Anchorage/Denali

Default Mid May Trip to Anchorage/Denali

We live in CO and are familiar with guides and fishing holes in Jackson, WY and parts of MT and ID if you need any info for that area.

We will be in Anchorage - driving to Denali - would like some info on flyfishing for Rainbows that time of year - also good river to float with guide.

Interested in smaller streams - roadside access for wading - we love spring fishing. Will be in the area 5/14-24 not sure what to expect for weather snow etc.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Default Mid May- Denali

If your talking about going to Denali Park in mid May - I think I would reconsider - You will run into a much colder environment than your expecting. It's possible to still have patches of snow around and a lot of the local vendors won't even open until the 15th. Sunny days in the
    60-70's cannot be expected, with the nights still quite cold

Default yeah

definently might think about a june or a july trip, but if you do happen to make it that way.... good luck! i might reconsider and head maybe south of anchorage? that is if your interested in specifically bows, but i also dont think guides start till june, but i could be wrong.

good luck

Eagle River/ Juneau

talk to Mike at susitna valley river guides he'll put you on the fish if anybody will... Mid may is still a bit early if the lakes are ice free you may want to rent a float tube at 3 rivers in wasilla and fish lakes...
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Where the wind is born

I would say in mid-may most of the water you cross driving up the park's should have fishable spots, possibly brown and high, or even blown out the farther north you get.