Thread: Sand Lake in Anchorage (Saturday, 12/13)?

Default Sand Lake in Anchorage (Saturday, 12/13)?

i am kicking around the idea of hitting it tomorrow. target species = pike. it has been a few years since i went after pike thru the ice, but it is time for me to "break in" my equipment again and what better place then a nearby lake known to hold a few big fish that are destined to die of suffocation in the not-so-distant future ?

i figure now that F&G is allowing 5 lines each, if several of us meet out there, each bring 5 tip-ups and bait, and drill several lines of holes, we stand a fair chance of one of us connecting with a decent fish. Check this link for more info on the lake: http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/state...ail/LakeID/116

i am thinking meet at the school before daylight, say around 8 and be setup by 9 (yes, in the dark). fish until sometime in the afternoon and see what happens...weather forecast is calling for clear skies with a high of 14F tomorrow, so do not forget warm clothes!

if anyone wants to make a team of it, PM me. I also posted this on iceshanty.

cheers

The only place I`ve made contact with the pike is at the lake end of the canal off of 8oth Ave. I`ve set tip ups everywhere based on that map and never had a take-down except for the end of that canal.

I'm commited to doing Memory Lake for Pike but my girlfriend and I did get a nice one at the opposite end of the lake from the school, in about 13ft of water next to the deep hole.

Maybe next time?

AK2AZ, thanks for the tip.

MN, no biggie. it is 0700 on 12/13 and it is 3F at my house. since i do not have the quickfish III i have been dreaming about, i have decided to bag due to the low temp and low catch rate expected at sand. let's try and hook up in the future.

thanks for the interest.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who skiped out due to weather.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/