Thread: First marten

Default First marten

Finally got my first marten today, got it in a cubby with a 120. Either I got him right before I checked my line or he was one tough marten, it was still alive when I got there, and very pissed off! The conibear had him right behind the head like it should have, but it didn't kill it....oh well I guess, I got him anyways.

Congratulations !

Thumbs up

Good job bud, hope you get lots more!

Congrats! My first marten was also alive in a 120 a couple years ago, me trapping mentor said that it was'nt a "Super Marten", but a lot of times if the marten are nervous about entering a set and you come along, they suddenly decide that if they dont take the food, whatever's coming will. Made sense to me, so I thought I would pass it along. I also in the last 5 years since that happened, have never had it happen again.

yeah who knows why it was still alive. I snared my first red fox today at the same site too!! I had a snare on the tree, in case a fox or lynx circled the tree to try and get my grouse wing. It was funny too because I had been following fox tracks pretty much all the way on my trail, and it had cut one of my corners off, thereby missing the other snare I have set. Didnt miss the second one though!! Its a pretty good sized red, really nice color. Its my first fox and I built the snare myself too!!

Nice! I'm still waiting to catch one. I keep seeing tracks everywhere but no Marten in my sets when I go out. Congrats again!

Default fishinhank

Congrats on you're first fox!! May you catch many more!!