Thread: Kotzebue caribou hunt story, tips, information, photos

Default Kotzebue caribou hunt story, tips, information, photos

In preparing for this trip I had a lot of questions and I think I have seen others have the same thing. While in Kotzebue there were others that wish they had prepared more. I decided to document our hunt from start to finish and tried to create a little site that might answer questions that others have when preparing for a trip like this. This was our first drop hunt out of Kotzebue and I walked away saying "I learned alot" and wanted to share a good hunt story and lessons learned with fellow Alaskan hunters. Enjoy but you will need some time to read the story

Heres the link

http://www.hinkleyfamily.homestead.c...kaCaribou.html

Default Great web page!

That is a great web page you built. Very informative and great pictures Thanks. I set it to my book marks

Default Wow

great web page. Lots of info. Sounds like even though you didn't get your trophy bull it was an experience of a lifetime. That in my opinion is what you paid for, the trophy is just a bonus. I know i'm probably in the minority on that one.
    That is quite helpfull, I'm sure alot of people will benefit from your journal.
    Justin
    Justin

Default Great job Winkhink

That is one of the most informative threads I have had the pleasure of reading. Thanks for sharing your hunt, and all of that valuable info with your fellow sportsman.

Wow, great job on the report, thanks for sharing the info. Now I know a little more of what to expect when I get my hunt planned.

Terrific, man. Lot of effort too.
    Great information and enjoyable reading.
    Thank you.

Awesome site. I'm completely beyond homesick now. Especially when my buddy headed out today to Unalakleet for some bou!
    Conquest is not in our principles. It is inconsistent with our government.-Thomas Jefferson

A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Unalakleet? Not too many bou there.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Him and his family go out on snowmachines to wherever they go. They all grew up there and know what they're doing I guess. I just want to get out.
    Conquest is not in our principles. It is inconsistent with our government.-Thomas Jefferson

A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference.
    -Thomas Jefferson

I've seen lots of bou between Kaltag and Unk up above treeline on the UNK side of the portage.