Thread: 07 summit rear suspension!!!!

Default 07 summit rear suspension!!!!

Last year I bought a new 07 summit and love it, one problem i think they make these things these days for twigs, I being 210 have noticed the rear suspension bottoming out on me. I have tried to adjust my spring but to no avail. I really hate to go and spend 1200 bucks or so, so anybody out there with any suggestions other than the obvious?

Default did you move your plactic spring adjuster?

on the rear suspension, do you have the plastic block on the high setting? I have an 07 summit 151 and weight 240 all suited up, and I am on setting 2. My brother is 260 allsuited up, and he has an 05 summit that he did buy some upgraded springs for, but I know he didn't pay $1200, not even close. What model summit do you have? I have the X model so I can rebuild my shocks, so maybe your shocks low on pressure??? Give me some more details, and PM me and I might be able to give you some more advice.

if the rear spring setting is all the way up you may need the shock rebuilt. I doubt it being it is newer but unless you are the original owner it could have been abused before you. On my old 05 summit with the rear blocks all the way up it never bottom out even jumping and I am a petite 265#. If you need to big boy springs for those sleds are only about $120.00 a pair and that will take you to 400#+.
    AK

My bad it is an 08.

Springs control whether it bottoms out or not. Shocks control the rate at which it will reach the bottom. At 210 the stock springs should work fine. Make sure your rear spring blocks are adjusted all the way up.

The other issue is riding style. If you are riding a mountain sled on hardpack trails like a short track snowcross machine the added leverage of the long rails will make it bottom more often. If that's your style, you are going to need heftier rear springs and crank up the front spring.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Springs control ride height and assist in bottoming resistance. Having a reputable shop re-valve your shocks is 1/4 the cost of a new shock.

If you go the route of a heavier spring then your rebound adjustments will need to be adjusted stiff/slow to prevent kicking. A re-valve can be tuned to slow down the compression and rebound stroke to work with the heavy springs.

Team CC in Wasilla does shock valving for about $120.00 per shock.

Good luck...