Thread: Delta snow conditions

Default Delta snow conditions

Does anyone know how much snow Delta has? My buddy has a buffalo permit and wants me to go and bring the snowmachines if there is enough. Any info would be great.

Not really current, but I was up there 3 weeks ago to help a buddy with a cow hunt and we brought our sleds. We were about 10 miles south of Delta Junction and there was enough snow for us to ride. Have to believe that there is only more than how much we had now.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN B View Post
    Does anyone know how much snow Delta has? My buddy has a buffalo permit and wants me to go and bring the snowmachines if there is enough. Any info would be great.
    For what it's worth, the farmers up there told us that nothing scares the bison herds more than the sound of a snowmachine. Without exception they told us to leave them at home unless we were going to use them only for recovery after the kill.

Default snow

It snowed about 2" last night and about 3" last weekend. But then the wind blew for a few days. It's probably really deep in the trees, and not so much in the fields. Probably enough to get around though if you're just going to haul meat out.