Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Hunting with snow

  1. #1
    Supporting Member Amigo Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wrangell
    Posts
    7,599

    Default Hunting with snow

    Ok I now live 18 miles from Galveston Island in Texas and its Dec 10th and 11;30 p.m..I now have 2" of fresh snow on the ground and its still falling.I expect game to be easy tracking come morning.It snowed Christmas here in 04 which put Alaska back in my head.Leaveing here on Jan 02 to move back and I'm going to Wrangell to get away from all this global warming snow.

  2. #2

    Default

    Never seen a snake track in the snow. Maybe take a picture of it and post it up.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  3. #3
    Member jkb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Big Lake
    Posts
    1,466

    Default

    Where do the Parrots go when it snows?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jkb View Post
    Where do the Parrots go when it snows?
    "Parrots"? They hunt parrots down there? Man, you are going to love it getting up here and going after Gray Jay's and Magpie's , they are a lot like parrots.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  5. #5
    Supporting Member Amigo Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wrangell
    Posts
    7,599

    Default

    Funny you should mention parrots. After Ike hit us i guess a bunch of coops must have blown down and we got a couple hundred of them flying around now.Learned how to hit parrots useing the same shooting style used when liveing in Haines on them white headed birds that hung out at the dump.

  6. #6
    Member jkb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Big Lake
    Posts
    1,466

    Default

    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6156862.html

    do you think they have deicing equipment in Houston?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

  7. #7

    Talking

    How long are the schools closed down for? Do they keep the closed untill it all melts away?
    "Give someone a fish and you will feed them for a day. Show someone how to fish and they will just steal your fishing hole and catch more fish then you. Screw them, let them eat chicken!!"

  8. #8
    Supporting Member Amigo Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wrangell
    Posts
    7,599

    Default

    Couple hundred wrecks in Houston this morning.Most schools just started two hours late for the kids that went and didn't stay home to play in the snow.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •