Thread: Only one word for it whoooo hoooooo

Default Only one word for it whoooo hoooooo

I got to spend several hours riding my "new" snowmachine, oh my freinds I should have done this a looooong time ago. Practically boulder hoped up a creek canyon and ran the sled full out in a big field. I was really surprized how much it behaved like a top heavy surf Kayak on a frozen wave........with hours of hang time! And if you had told me we could climb through that canyon bottom I would have said "ya with a helicopter maybe!" Between what reminded me of rock hopping with a BMX bike and floating across deep snow I'm totally hooked!

PS It's still snowing!
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

OK, what sled? Curious, I wanna ride. Just might with Paul from ERPAC next week as I am here in Anchorage for awhile.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

Default Sweet

Rick, It's a blast, especially on a Tundra. Get a ridin' buddy on a similar machine and play follow-the-leader! Glad you got it running good too. Ben

that's awesome - good for you!

and it's a feeling I can appreciate - I'm on my second winter with a sled (more importantly the first winter with a reliable sled) after probably 17 years since I last rode...I missed it a lot. Now I wish the interior got more snow and that gas was cheaper so I could play more!

I got my gun boot mounted and was lucky enough to get a bou on the steese a couple weekends ago. I've got lots I'd love to do this winter with it - ride into some more remote lakes for ice fishing, find some bunnies or some birds, and I want to start tagging along with a friend who traps to learn some of that hobby.

The one thing I hate is it's not very good family fun right now...I really want to find some turnips to squeeze so I can get a tundra or an indy lite or something that I can teach my wife to ride and a 120 for the kids to learn on.

MARV1

I have a 1988 tundra that is perfect for me. It's my first snowmachine and it fits my needs/personality perfectly. My friend Paul said "well you are a man of the 80's.......the 1880's! Glad to see you got one from this century" when I told him about it. Don't know about your neck of the woods but I just finished clearing 6-8 inches of new snow from the drive way!
    BHA Member
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Default I love my Tundra

I have 2000, its a great sled for me. Doesn't go to fast, pulls a sled and when I get it stuck I can only blame myself and get it out in jiffy. I love the look on my dogs face when I bury it and start cussing. It only takes a minuet and were back on the fly looking for them dang white birds. Yeah Id like to have another to take the little lady. Maybe next year.

Hey did ya know a tundra can ford streams? Neither did I, but it can! (Rick laughing maniacally) This just keeps getting better.

One thing I did learn, if your buddy asks for a ride to a remote lake on the back of your machine don't do it. Two 200lbs+, 6'4" dudes and fishing gear on a 1988 tundra adds up to a very unpleasant ride! BTW got down to -20 while we were out but the machine still started first pull!
    BHA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    Hey did ya know a tundra can ford streams? Neither did I, but it can! (Rick laughing maniacally) This just keeps getting better.

One thing I did learn, if your buddy asks for a ride to a remote lake on the back of your machine don't do it. Two 200lbs+, 6'4" dudes and fishing gear on a 1988 tundra adds up to a very unpleasant ride! BTW got down to -20 while we were out but the machine still started first pull!
    As long as you keep the water out of the clutch/belt sleds will get on accross the water ok. My Cuz was out at our friends property on KRR and he watched a guy on a sled go blowing by up the river in JULY! He couldn't see how far the guy made it but he heard him go back down stream a couple hours later. I think he might have made it all the way to the glacier!
    Here is me bear hunting last spring...

You truly cannot top a good Tundra or a Bravo for good-old-fashioned ridin'!! Its truly amazing how these little buggers will get around and climb the hills.....SO MUCH FUN!!

Alaska_Lanche is going to have to post a couple vids of the bad boy Bravo sittin' in the back yard!

Default Little more Tundra fun

Yesterday it was -40 here in Fairbanks. Didn't want to start the truck so I started the Tundra, 2nd pull at -40... that thing amazes me.