Thread: Updates

Default Updates

Anybody been out after the last couple of days, I was going to go this weekend but am trying to figure out if I want to with the new snow, how about Ptarmigan last time I was in the Chugach avalanches were bad but that was about 2 weeks ago, has anybody been up recently if so could i get an update.

Thanks

ADN reported about avalanche dangers today at Turnigan Pass, don't know about other areas.

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/618753.html

Western Chugach are super sketch ball right now, especially with the werid wind pattern we are having it makes things really wierd. Always remember you can remotely trigger avies from the bottom of a hill and such
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

I went out on Saturday hunting for some Ptarmi, I had to break trail in fresh snow for 2 hours on the snowshoes. I didn't get to hunt the area I have seen some birds in due to shifty snow conditions and didn't want to start an avalanche for a couple of birds. I enjoyed the exercise and saw lots of moose up high in the sun and enjoyed the day, hip are tired from posholing through hip deep snow in snowshoes all day but it was great. Maybe next time, I may be looking for a new area. I may be able to post some area pics if I can find the cord for my camera to hook up to my computer

Jake