Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Deformed antlers

  1. #1
    Member Rock_skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Deltajct
    Posts
    2,499

    Default Deformed antlers

    O.k. on the ORV thread they have started talking about antlers. I've seen this happen and will wait to comment after you guys give your thoughts. E.S.

  2. #2
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    I think the antlers deform because the wheelers tear up the trail....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  3. #3

    Default

    We started seeing more and more evidence of this happening, ever since the state started giving them flu shots. I think they should stop giving them to them and start charging them for them.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  4. #4
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    could also be the meth blowing on the wind in delta.... they tend to fall down more while the antlers are growing. pretty sure thats how mad cow started also..leads to chronic waisting when they quit eating so they can get another fix
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  5. #5

    Default

    Two bio's have a theory that there is a higher rate of deformity, in close proximity to CELL PHONE TOWERS.

    Seems as though they like to keep hitting their antlers on the lower rungs and ding 'em up.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  6. #6
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Two bio's have a theory that there is a higher rate of deformity, in close proximity to CELL PHONE TOWERS.

    Seems as though they like to keep hitting their antlers on the lower rungs and ding 'em up.

    OMG!!!!THAT IT res your a genius!!! (LOL) the antlers are growing narrower because they were taking to many calls when the cell companies dropped them... that tone you hear as the call disconnects is the ringing in his ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  7. #7
    Member Rock_skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Deltajct
    Posts
    2,499

    Default

    well I see this thread is'nt going anywhere

  8. #8
    New member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kodiak, Alaska
    Posts
    3

    Default

    In Kodiak the deer that have messed up antlers have no testicles.

  9. #9
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kodiakduckhunter View Post
    In Kodiak the deer that have messed up antlers have no testicles.
    well that ones easy....


    Lil deer walking down the trail turns and sees big ol bear grabbing at him...

    naturally first reaction is to suck them up, as bear is getting hold of your antlers...

    if it happens to many times they get stuck
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  10. #10
    Member Roger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sunshine Alaska
    Posts
    2,049

    Default

    Not sure about the moose , But my friends dad was a biologist in Carolina and we shot a lot of deer with antler deformities ,Like one side would be bigger then the other or whatever , But he said that if a deer was injured say by getting hit by a car and survived that all the calcium went to the side of the injury to his body. Often the deformed antler is on the opposite side of his injury. Or it could just be because my hunting club was next to a nuclear power plant Every so often they would put the geiger counter on them after a plant hunt and if they had to much radiation they would keep them
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •