Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trail reports

Not enough snow anywhere that I have heard of. Still need another 12" around here to get out.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default Trail reports

Plenty of ridin to be done if you like weed wackin.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Plenty of ridin to be done if you like weed wackin.
    Haha I wanna ride pretty bad, but not that bad......yet

Default Trail reports

This is the time of year when I'm in the garage throwin heel clickers makin sled noises

Give it another 3 weeks but even then a low base will have ground debri still showing.

I've got this "thing" with hookin a ski or cracking a bulkhead lol.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Rode the Man-Bear-Pig around the lumber yard today. That first snow we got back in October was reduced to ice, the new 2" of snow was enough to slide around and spin some cookies. Can't wait.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

We finally have decent snow this morning! 5" to 6" overnight and still snowing. We had about a 4" base on the ground before hand. I'll be taking my jeep out to Cantwell and riding the my Beercat back in today or tomorrow if it keeps up.

BRING ON THE SNOW!! Wooo Hoooo!! Looks like riding good by Thanksgiving once again!

Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

i have been watching the forecast and it looks like eureka may be getting some snow, how much out that way? Or up the parks?

Default Trail reports

In general, Eureka is a very late season type of area to ride. Much of the snow is windblown and hardens up.

Not much up the Parks. It's still early and the snow is coming in sparsely so far.

Everything on the ground in Willow is frozen with about 2"-3" of snow. Just enough to hide the ice and make it interesting. This is the time of the year that parts desks love. Everyone is so antsy that they go out early and tear sleds up.... I hate to, but I will wait.

kevin
    2002 Wooldridge Sport 2000, 21', 350 Kodiak Jet, "CindyLou"
    26' Olympic Sport Sedan, 5.7 Volvo, 280 Volvo, getting there, "CindyLouTwo"
    20' Alumatech Airboat
    EagleQuest Cabins and Lodge--Willow

I heard today that there is 15"s at Lake Louise.

If'n they have 15" at Lake Louise I'd be surprised. I live just 20 miles from there and don't have near that much. Maybe 15" total for the season but not total depth as of now.
    -Caleb-

Heading up to Pville to the cabin this weekend any snow out that way or would 4 wheelers still be best
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Default Trail reports

Four Wheelers.

Could check with Jen at trapper creek inn.

just rode pettersville saturday and the snow sucked so bad that i have to wash my sleds now so 4 wheeler would be best idea for now

Thank you!
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

If you want to know what the snow conditions are Lake Louise are, look at this web cam view (note: look during the daylight hours):

http://www.lakelouiselodge.com/weather/index.htm

Also ... make sure you scroll down enough on this web page so you can see the temperature up there.

Any updates on the Big Su leaving Deska Landing?
    I spoke to Roger at the landing yesterday, says the river is very rough from what he can see at the launch.
    Anyone made a run to their cabin yet and have better report?
    Thanks,
    BK

hi all just looking to see what kinda of conditions are out at the denali highway im looking to ride the highway and the outer area of the road looking for info on base and powder levels and if anyone has any pics from the last 2 or 3 days would be a big help also i looked at the webcam at lake louis but what are the base and powder levels do you think

Bkmail, scroll down to the WTC thread. River is froze good. Rough not much snow

so going to the denali highway is the best option then for decent snow at the moment then

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast