Thread: kenai this weekend ?

Default kenai this weekend ?

i think i might hit the kenai this weekend, was wondering if anyboady had any reports on the upper? and if so how was the float...

akpm,
    i sent chuck a msg, i think i might go either this weekend or the next, let me know if you were still interested in getting some winter action on that 5wt! get back to me

As i stated in the pm just sent We are on for saturday the 20th. Ill split gas with who ever drives. Ill get one case of beer and a couple of bundles of wood. io have some new flies that need to get wet and my 5wt is lonly. Fish on
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

man, that sounds fun. I'd love to take my raft down and float one last time. unfortunately i'll have a ton of family in town to babysit lol. :S

Bring them. I have found people are really good on the river when it is about 25 out and you are the only ride they have. No babysitting needed at all. Hey how much trouble can they get into. Better yet we need someone to tend the fire for the mid day warm up. Im looking forward to it. Fishing with Jose and sam is a kick and the chance to meet and fish with AKPM would be a pleasure. The nice thing is you dont need a cooler for your beer this time of year

Default you have no idea

you are so right about that, the beer stays so cold on that aluminum floor! i didnt even get cold last time and it was 20, its 32 right now so im having high hopes! the fishing will probably be slower i imagine, but they will still be there. i almost want to hit the middle and try working that area also.. ive never fished this late in the year, this is going to be awesome!

haha good point, unfortunately my boats only a one-seater, lol. Its ouside partialy inflated under a covered deck ready to go though...I'm aiming for spring time to get an early start this year.

I fished the middle this past weekend and fishing wasn't bad. The numbers dropped off a bit, but the average size of the fish was great. I landed a 28" bow and several ~20" bows and dollies... nothing under 15" at all, but I fished almost nothing but flesh. I saw some guys fishing beads and getting some smaller fish. The silvers were thick! and aggressive... They were all over flesh flies and I had a few even rise to my indicator. It reminded me of late august when the humpies are up there spawning and won't leave your fly/bead alone. The biggest surprise of the trip was that there were about 15 other boats on the water! I thought that was crazy for Dec 7th.
    www.akfishology.com

fishing isn't about life or death... it's more important than that.

I'm getting the wisdom teeth out tomorrow... If I feel half decent friday I'd be stoked to go fishing... The painkillers might help with the cold too lol

So what should I tie? Shoot me an email mccormick dot patrick at gmail dot com
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Quote Originally Posted by markw3 View Post
    I fished the middle this past weekend and fishing wasn't bad. The numbers dropped off a bit, but the average size of the fish was great. I landed a 28" bow and several ~20" bows and dollies... nothing under 15" at all, but I fished almost nothing but flesh. I saw some guys fishing beads and getting some smaller fish. The silvers were thick! and aggressive... They were all over flesh flies and I had a few even rise to my indicator. It reminded me of late august when the humpies are up there spawning and won't leave your fly/bead alone. The biggest surprise of the trip was that there were about 15 other boats on the water! I thought that was crazy for Dec 7th.
    hows the lake looking?

wide open and zero ice
    www.akfishology.com

fishing isn't about life or death... it's more important than that.

thats what I like to hear... Looks like there will be some trolling in my near future, theres gotta be big lakers in those depths... Christmas break and all I want to do is go fly fishing... Yup I must be part of the lunatic fringe...

Default well

so your in monkey, i think chuck cant go till next weekend, and i heard it was supposed to be cold this weekend, but if you want to make a run to the middle, im more than game to do it, ive never floated it for trout but, i have always wanted to. ill probably have another buddy of mine come to (he'll drive aswell) as i have 2 seats in my boat, and hes been dying to do the middle. send me a pm and let me know whats up! i know im going for sure next weekend with chuck and your more than welcome on that trip aswell!

Jose

yea it sounds like the middle is the place to go, you got a kicker to get accross the lake? I just can't drive for a bit, but I can fly cast... Looks like sunday is gonna be warmer than sat... I just got out of surgery and am still pretty doped up on whatever they knocked me out with... But I'm sure down.. I'm on x mass break now and can fish from now till january 9

so articulated flesh? I'm gonna be tying a lot in the next couple days

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    yea it sounds like the middle is the place to go, you got a kicker to get accross the lake? I just can't drive for a bit, but I can fly cast... Looks like sunday is gonna be warmer than sat... I just got out of surgery and am still pretty doped up on whatever they knocked me out with... But I'm sure down.. I'm on x mass break now and can fish from now till january 9

so articulated flesh? I'm gonna be tying a lot in the next couple days

Yes i love the articulating flesh. I did very very well late in the season on them this year so far. That is what im loading up on for next weekend

yea I'm gonna want to get off the couch by satuday...