Thread: Whar scope for 454 Redhawk

Default Whar scope for 454 Redhawk

with a 7.5 barrel? Also what would be the best holster that will fit with the scope?

Thanks,
    Doug

I like a 2-6 or 2.5-8 variable. You'll be amazed how well the gun shoots off the bags with the scope cranked up.

I've never carried a scoped sixgun in the field. I just can't shoot them offhand, and to me where a revolver shines is up close and personal

Default scope and holster

Snug-
    Just put a Leupold 2x on my .480 SRH. Plan on using it to hunt. After discussion with several "in the know" individuals I decided on the small fixed because in the field, you will not be able to hold that cannon steady enough to get a good shot at longer ranges with your scope cranked up. I like to practice with real sight pictures while sighting in my firearms, even at the range.

I am hoping that Santa thinks I've been good.

http://www.grizzlytuff.com/

Heard this one is good for scoped pistols (and open-sighters for that matter)

Default Scope

A couple of years ago, I put a Leupold 2x on my RSRH. I was shooting 5in groups with it at 100 yards off my monopod shooting stick. I was using Buffalo Bore 325gr loads. Took it on a moose hunt and bagged a cow at 65 yards with it. One shot. It was a good combonation, and I never had any problems with it.
    Also, i was using a chest holster that was pretty convient, but I don't rememeber the brand. Hope this helps.

Default Redhawk scope, holster

Quote Originally Posted by Snug View Post
    with a 7.5 barrel? Also what would be the best holster that will fit with the scope?

Thanks,
    Doug
    Doug, I have a Super Redhawk in 454 casull, 7.5" barrel. I put a Burris 2-7x32 on it, matte finish. I usually go with Leupold but they didn't offer matte in their variable. It is almost always on 2x. I use an Uncle Mikes scoped vertical shoulder holster, #8504-1, size 4. I take the scope off at times, like in Alaska in the bush for 10 days. I used it for backup then. Hope this helps, Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markopolo50 View Post
    Doug, I have a Super Redhawk in 454 casull, 7.5" barrel. I put a Burris 2-7x32 on it, matte finish. I usually go with Leupold but they didn't offer matte in their variable. It is almost always on 2x. I use an Uncle Mikes scoped vertical shoulder holster, #8504-1, size 4. I take the scope off at times, like in Alaska in the bush for 10 days. I used it for backup then. Hope this helps, Mark
    I have the same gun and scope as Mark it makes a great combo. I also have the grizzly tough chest holster. works real well. I've found with the ruger rings I can take the scope off and remount with very little movement of POI. about 1 inch at 100 yards . as I can only shoot well enough off of a bench to see the change I always cary the scope on an extended rifle hunt. It becomes my backup rifle as well as my personel back up. good luck.

I found that my favorite factory load is Win 260 Part premium.

John

Thanks for the replies. I would like to take a moose with it, but I also use it as my back-up in the field. I am going to check out the Burris.ThanksDoug

Default the new weaver scopes

are definitely worth checking out. The are tough enough for the heavy recoiling pistols, have really excellent optics, keep their zero and are a good deal financially. Look on the www.opticsplanet.com website.