Thread: Transportaion

Default Transportaion

What is the best kind of snowmachine for trapping? I was thinking of the Tundra or skandiks, any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    What is the best kind of snowmachine for trapping? I was thinking of the Tundra or skandiks, any thoughts?
    They are the industry standard. I would like to try out the Yamaha venture lite as well. The old Yamaha Bravo is another classic. It is extremely light which is great for getting going again WHEN you get stuck!

I like the wide tracks, can haul a lot of stuff, and once they pack the trail, you could ride a bike on it. Really really hard to get stuck, but really really really hard to get out if you do. I speak from experience in that department. Nice to have underseat storage to keep wire and tools handy. Just my 2 cents.

Default trapping sled

I have the 08 tundra longtrack and so does a buddy of mine, we both use ours for trapping and everything else. I think it's a good all around sled plus it's light and can still handle the deep snow plus you can side hill with it and maneuver through tight spots unlike the widetracks.