Thread: Cold weather Trail Cams

Question Cold weather Trail Cams

Has anyone ever used trails cam up here in the winter? I was thinkin about getting one but i'm not sure how well they work up here in the cold, i.e battery life. Any recommendations on good cams?

"I Envy Him And Him Only, That Catches More Fish Than I Do" Izaac Walton 1653
    The question of hunting is not a matter of life or death... it's more important than that

Couldn't tell ya about the camera itself, but anything electronic exposed to cold should be running on lithium batteries since cold doesn't affect them and they maintain maximum power output until they die.
    Now what ?

Default Camera

I use a cuddie back here in northern wisconsin, they seem to be pretty good in the cold but I have to change the batteries every week. Our temps have been running in the -5 at night and single digits in the day to low teens. Good luck

huh...might at to give it a shot and see how it goes. Did not know what about lithuim batteries...thats pretty neat

thanks guys

"I Envy Him And Him Only, That Catches More Fish Than I Do" Izaac Walton 1653
    The question of hunting is not a matter of life or death... it's more important than that