Thread: Need Spotting Scope

Default Need Spotting Scope

Open for a suggestion. I do know you get what you pay for in optics. Unfortuanately I have some limitations. My range is $350 to $450 I hunt Colorado Elk, Minnesota Black Bear, Iowa Whitetail, Alaska Moose & Caribou. What do you like?

I would look at Burris, Leupold, and Nikon.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Forum Sponsor

Have you taken a look at the Vortex Sandpiper? It is a very good quality scope in that price range and at the moment we are running them, in straight, on special for only $199.99
    If there is anything I can answer for you or assist you with please let me know.
    Thanks and have a great day,
    Doug
    Camera Land
    1-866-9-optics
    1-516-217-1000
    gr8fuldoug@aol.com

Thanks guys. Doug I have looked at Vortex and I like what i have read. I have Nikon 8x40s, Burris on my Ruger 375 and they both are great. I wear glasses and i think i want an angled scope. Considering the Nikon, Vortex and Leupold any one of these have an edge over the other? Also thinking 20x60x60 or should i go with 80 mm objective?

Forum Sponsor

The 80mm tube will provide a better brighter view, however, if your packing it is bulky and heavier. The Vortex Nomad angled is an excellent option and worth more than the asking price by far.
    Please feel free to call me to discuss what would be best for your needs
    If there is anything I can answer for you or assist you with please let me know.
    Thanks and have a great day,
    Doug
    Camera Land
    1-866-9-optics
    1-516-217-1000
    gr8fuldoug@aol.com