Thread: buying firearm in anchorage and shipping help!

Default buying firearm in anchorage and shipping help!

live in fbks.found new gun in anchorage , i want to buy . then get it to "Stan J" for a re-coil fix ,then ship to me in fbks ...All with out going to anchorage , OR 1st shipping arm up here only to send back down to stan... no money to saved in that , any ideas?
    Last edited by atvalaska; 12-09-2008 at 10:07. Reason: spelling
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

You could pay for the gun and work to be done by Stan,if the owner is willing to get it to him.Then Stan can return it to the shop and the shop send it to a Fairbanks shop where you could pick it up after filling out a 4473.Once all the extra pass it along fees are paid it may be cheaper to recive it and reship.Somewhere along the line you need to exchange FFL's or fill out the 4473 for the shop that has the gun.

Long gun? You're buying from a private party?

You could have the person you're buying from in Anchorage take the gun to Stan. Once the work is done, they can ship it directly to you, without an FFL (long gun only), since you're both in-state.

As long as you're willing to pay the bills, I don't see why a person wouldn't do this for you.

If you're buying from an Anchorage dealer, they might be willing to do the same thing, but it might take a little more begging/pleading to get your "errands'" run.....and there would some paperwork to take care of.