Thread: Need a groomer drawings / Ideas

Default Need a groomer drawings / Ideas

I'm needing to make a trail / strip groomer looking for photos, drawings or ideas. Should anyone have this information please help me out.

Thanks

Default bed springs

Another inexpensive idea (not mine, a friend just came up with it) is an old steel bed spring frame. If you are not too remote, and can get it to your cabin/strip/trail, it would work pretty darn good.
    The chain link fence idea is good cause you can roll the whole thing up and put it in a sled if you have to travel to your strip.

Default Trail groomer

I will try to get some pictures of a friends groomer. When my partner was still alive, I would break trail and he would pull the drag. It was a 16' groomer. Our trapline was as smooth as a babies bottom after the first couple of drags. It saved our machines from the normal wear and tear of trails. After years of refinement, we finally got one that would last and not require constant repair. It required a widetrak to pull, but he had one. I am trying to build one light enough so I can pull with my Trail RMK. I know I won't be able to pull one that will do the best job, but something that will help take the "bumps" out of the trail will help.

Default drawings

Quote Originally Posted by northway View Post
    I will try to get some pictures of a friends groomer. When my partner was still alive, I would break trail and he would pull the drag. It was a 16' groomer. Our trapline was as smooth as a babies bottom after the first couple of drags. It saved our machines from the normal wear and tear of trails. After years of refinement, we finally got one that would last and not require constant repair. It required a widetrak to pull, but he had one. I am trying to build one light enough so I can pull with my Trail RMK. I know I won't be able to pull one that will do the best job, but something that will help take the "bumps" out of the trail will help.
    Hello and thanks for the responce. I would like to see your drawing if locatable. Onother guy said to install spikes beforethe groomer to help knock down the bumps.

Default grader blade

A piece of worn out grader blade cutting edge makes an excellent cutter on a drag. One I have used was 3" angle iron welded in a long rectangle that had the cutting edge followed by three cross pieces that filled in and spilled over the excess out the back. The last piece could have been a bit taller to hold more snow going forward but that adds drag. The next one they talked about building was going to add a threaded hand crank to raise and lower the cutting edge for various conditions encountered. They are all off grid so no pictures but the idea was simple and effective.

Default Grader blade

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle Builder View Post
    A piece of worn out grader blade cutting edge makes an excellent cutter on a drag. One I have used was 3" angle iron welded in a long rectangle that had the cutting edge followed by three cross pieces that filled in and spilled over the excess out the back. The last piece could have been a bit taller to hold more snow going forward but that adds drag. The next one they talked about building was going to add a threaded hand crank to raise and lower the cutting edge for various conditions encountered. They are all off grid so no pictures but the idea was simple and effective.
    Thanks for the information