Thread: 6x6 Polaris tires, ratio:?

Default 6x6 Polaris tires, ratio:?

I know some here have changed tires do have to put on as a set like a 4x4 truck? My book says this limted slip front end sense,s the rear slipping then the front kick in, My Deal is! tried to put my track on from a 94 machine onto a 2006 and All dealers said should work, But! it is to short by about 3in. even with letting all the air out of tire. Only thing i can think of is that older machine has small tires on it? There at my cabin didn,t bring them back in. good excuss for another trip! Can i get away with the back four, or would that start grinding up that new style front end?With them being smaller if that is the case. Any Thoughts on this?

If you don't keep the same diameter on all 6, the front will sense the difference in rotation and kick in the 6wd. Unless you went with the smaller tires all around, I doubt your tracks will work very well.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Oh Boy I was thinking the same, just kills me to have a newer machine, and but 14yr old tires on it! They are in good shape, Always the hard way.

Default update:

Pulled the four stock tires from the 94 machine, Installed them tonight, a perfect fit! The tires are the same good year AT25x11-10 same markings on them and everything, Took the tape out only 1/16th tread depth difference, between old and new 3/4, old had 11/16ths. but if you measure around the outside was 82in-to 84.5 This was done with no air in them.The older tire has just tad lower profile. Another one for the books, can be done but have to use the tires,and the tracks as set, the way they came 14yrs, ago.Note: also that the center to center on the axles ,1994 and the 2006 are the same. Just had to be the tires, sure enough.

Default 6x6 tires

I have a 2007 with 26" Mudlite xl's all around. I have 26x12 in back and 26x9 in front. Also have a 2inch lift in front. No problems with anything rubbing or not working right. For the area I hunt and ride in I like this set up alot better then the tracks.

Just my thoughts,

I like those Mudlites, Nice set up if i ran anywhere else i would use style like that. But out at my cabin Ive been running same trails close to 30 yrs and the tracks keep from tearing everything up.We ran around last night climbed snow banks ect... runs, smooth seem to be no issues with not changing the fronts, and the rato:

Thumbs up 6 by 6 tire's

We used mud lites tire's 12 by 12 by 27's they work great.