Thread: Under water cameras

Default Under water cameras

Does any one have any sugestions for underwater cameras? I looked at a couple the other day and was wondering what people thought. The cheapest one was called fish tv and was around $125. I don't want to spend a lot but I would like something that works too.

Do you know where/how you'll be using it most often? Low or high light conditions? Under ice? Open water? Murky or clear water? Etc.?

For basic open water or high light ice fishing, especially in clear water, the standard fish tv or aqua view should work fine. However, the more you pay the more bells and whistles you will get, like a color picture, lights, a more realistic fish looking camera, better resolution/picture, and things like that.

I live in Colorado and most all the lakes are crystal clear, I lot of guys use the basic aqua views and love them, I admit they sure are fun to watch but I think I'd miss too many fish if I had one hahah. I've seen some really cool videos of pike attacking the cameras, funny enough I saw a video of a 12" stocker rainbow attacking a camera

For marking and looking at structure, holy cow they can't be beat!

Hope that helps!

Primarily I would like to use it for ice fishing but I suppose it could be nice for many things.

Go for an Aqua View, I have a Marcum and I don't feel i get my moneys worth out of it.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Go with the aqua-vu those fish tvs are junk. speaking from first hand experiance

Marcum made an entry level unit called the VS250. I like it more than my AquaView but since they don't make it any more I would agree with the others on the AquaView.

Default aqua-vu

Aqua-vu and Aqua-vu only. I bought the scout and it serves me really well, amazing picture compared to some of the other cheaper ones, but a bit bulky. My buddy has the scout II which is great because it doesnt have the base piece to house the battery and wire coil. it also has a bigger screen but i personally dont care. Very very very rugged. i leave the camera down in the water for hours on end when im fishing and no problems. 48" northern tried to eat the camera and i couldnt find a scratch on it. $250... well worth it

I just bought a Cabela's 'Advanced Angler' camera (on sale for $149) and absolute love it... If I had to do it all over again, I'd buy the same one!
    I think they even have a smaller one with a 5" monitor for $99.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJimmers View Post
    I just bought a Cabela's 'Advanced Angler' camera (on sale for $149) and absolute love it... If I had to do it all over again, I'd buy the same one!
    I think they even have a smaller one with a 5" monitor for $99.
    I bought the smaller one last year on sale. It's good but needs to be used in a shelter as you can't see the screen due to glare when used outside. The IR lighting works really well.
    The only complaint I have is the case has no compartment for the battery and it needs to be loose.