Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kodiak Deer Pics from this fall....

Default Kodiak Deer Pics from this fall....

Thought about droppin' these in the photo thread but with season pretty much over everywhere 'cept some moose stuff i figured i'd throw this in the hunting part of this forum.

This is Garys 4th big game animal, tracked it in the snow, shot it at 40 yards.

This is my wifes, second buck, shot off my hip for a rest at 260 yards, her fartherst shot, heavy deer, she usually don't look strained like this!

Wifes first buck of the year, called it in and shot it at 25 yards the first day out.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

My second deer, i was the meat hunter but the pic is kinda cool lookin' cept for the ugly guy behind the deer!

This is Tims bigger of his two bucks, really pretty deer.
    Master guide 212

Really nice deer Jake.

I'm always impressed by how much bigger Kodiak deer are compared to Northern Southeast deer - especially the antler size.

Those are great pics - thanks for sharing.

Nice bucks, Jake. See any bears this late?

Pete
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Default Nice work!

Makes me wish I was back in Kodiak....a lot of good memories hunting deer with my family...great pics!

Default Kodiak island

Thanks BRWNBR for sharing the stories and picks . Im always fascinated with your hunts . I truely admire the stuff you do . Thanks again

we saw only two bears in about two weeks, one was diggin' its den second week of november and the other was a ten plus that came down the valley twice and kept on walking the second time, i saw him once, really really nice bear. But other than that bear action was slow, which was fine, wasn't lookin' for them.
    Deer this year was good, only saw two real little bucks, shot a couple smaller ones, similar to the pic of me with the mountian in it, but the biggest three bucks we saw we didn't get. gary missed one of them a pile of times, had his brother sight in his rifle, one wears glasses the other don't, so it wouldn't suprise me they shoot different. Just another good learning expeirience, shoot your own gun....
    got a couple fox and some ducks as well. fun fall, was really cold up till last week.
    Master guide 212

Default Nice!

Nice pix Jake. Makes me homesick. I'm down in Salt Lake fishing sea monkeys so no hunting for me this fall. I've gotta get back to Kodiak for a hunt again some day.

PS I guess you know that you know who (The guy we've been battling out of Cordova) lost his guiding license for 5 years among other things. A reprieve........for a while any way.

lol ya i heard about it when i was down there hunting goats this fall...finally!
    Master guide 212

Great pics Jake. Those are much nicer deer than we were seeing in the U.P. of Michigan. I learn something everytime you post. Thanks for the pics.

Default sweet pics

Thanks for posting the pics. Those are great looking bucks, can you give me a general as far as what part of the island, South end? Did they all come from the same area, because they all seem to be carrying so much mass?

no those aren't south end deer, they are east side deer, if you sit out there and hunt in just about any part of the island you'll come out with deer like those, just most guys don't hold out that long.
    Pick a realtivly small area to hunt and you'll find your self hunting harder than if you pick a big spot and just scan it occasionally, get right into the mess and you'll find yourself sortin' out better deer.
    When i skinned at the taxidermy shop back in grand rapids MI i was amazed at how small the deer were guys were getting mounted, with an average age of 1.5 it was pretty sad...least their deer mounts were affordable, unlike alaska prices for a deer mount...geez.
    Master guide 212

Those are some beuatiful deer! Just curious, what is the average age of the deer you pull off Kodiak?

2 thumbs up !!

Great picís thanks for sharing and congrats on some great deer! Man do I want one!

Nice deer and nice photos, thanks for sharing.

really nice.
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

not real sure on the age, i've told most these deer are in the 3-6 year old age brackett...young ones are easy to tell but not this middle aged ones.
    Master guide 212

Default Awesome Pics

Awesome pics thanks for sharing. Theres just somethin about those late season blacktails.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast