Thread: Girlfriends first Pike

Default Girlfriends first Pike

Just thought I would share my girlfriends first pike. I was standing outside the hut when she started freaking out about her fishing pole breaking. I ran inside and this is what she had on. Her excitement was priceless.

She bought the jig at sportsmans the night before because it was "sparkly and pretty".
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Great

That is one gorgeous pike. Congrats to you both.

nice slime rocket, good job.

Default Nice!!

Great job! That thing looks pretty healthy. Did you keep it or throw it back? Would make a pretty good sandwich.

Congrats on a great looking waterwolf

Quote Originally Posted by MNViking View Post
    Just thought I would share my girlfriends first pike. I was standing outside the hut when she started freaking out about her fishing pole breaking. I ran inside and this is what she had on. Her excitement was priceless.

She bought the jig at sportsmans the night before because it was "sparkly and pretty".

Beautiful fish and congrats to her. My wife has caught many bows on the Kenai with flys she has bought because "they are cute" Or "it was shiney and sparkled." You can argue with success
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Snug View Post
    Great job! That thing looks pretty healthy. Did you keep it or throw it back? Would make a pretty good sandwich.
    We ate it and it was delish. We got that guy on Sand Lake and his stomach was empty. I was really hoping to find something interesting inside him.

nice catch.. hopefully it added fuel to her fishing fire..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Thumbs up Congrats!

Nice pike and a job well done to your girlfriend! If she's anything like my wife, you better prepare to be consistently outfished on jigs/lures chosen because they're "pretty."
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

Thumbs up Sweet!

Nothing like some BLING to make da fish'n rod SING
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

My wife is a pike freak, and that's the first we've seen from Sand Lake. Great. Now we're going to have to go drill a bunch of holes....thanks

Seriously, that's a decent fish, so I would not mind catching a few of them. It's not a monster, but not a hammer handle, either. How's the lake for over-flow?

Sounds exactly like my wife! I can recall many times though were she has out fished me. Man I can't wait to hit Quartz in 2 weeks! Fish On!!!

Sapper 2-7
    Sapper in the Skies

Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    My wife is a pike freak, and that's the first we've seen from Sand Lake. Great. Now we're going to have to go drill a bunch of holes....thanks

Seriously, that's a decent fish, so I would not mind catching a few of them. It's not a monster, but not a hammer handle, either. How's the lake for over-flow?
    I've spent about 24 total fishing hours on that lake this winter and that is the only bite we've had all winter. In fact, we were out there for "the last time" just to give it one more shot. I'm going to give it another try with a new strategy. If it works I will share my wacky idea with everyone. There was about an inch and a half of slush on the surface so it was wet in the ice shack but not too bad.

Dude your in now. "Honey see that nice new sparkly and pretty RIFLE, owe and theres a sparly and pretty Ski-Doo over there, Oh My!!!"

I know that ain't gona work, but worth a try anyway. Tell here thats a dandy pike too. Nice Job.

Got a newspaper clipping of ice fishing in Minnesota I think from USA Today back from last winter , on my bulliten board in my office. The fish the guy has is just a little bigger that the lure your girl friend was using!!!!!!! Awesome fishing forum. Thanks for sharing! Texas ain't got @#%^ on Alaska !
    (Jaw Jah boy bound for Kenai Peninsula September 2009)

Dude you really hafta have your girlfriend talk to mine. She just doesn't understand that stainless also falls into the sparkly category.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Very nice, thanks for sharing.