Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who here has shot someone with a bow

Default Who here has shot someone with a bow

before. Most likely an accident but either way. I heard a story the other day and seen the scar of where the guy got shot! The shooter is here among us! LOL.

When I was younger and had plastic or whatever the colored recurve bows are. I shot my brother who kept getting in way of the target. No real damage but I done it on purpose.

Anyone else want to confess? Cough, cough, if you don't I will rat you out! LOL.

no me but older cousin lost his two front upper teeth when someone shot him. they were kids......and not sure i was even born yet. lucky it hit the teeth could have been alot worse.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Default Not Yet.

When does the season open?

Default I would

I would certainly be up for some people hunting if'n I kin git me some people permits. I see some "trophy's" almost every day.......

Post Starting to sound like

the beginning of a Deliverence adventure.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

I threw a rock at a noisy cat outside my window once when I was a teen. It ran across the road and got hit by a car. Always felt bad about that.

Reversal for me, I was the one being shot at . When I was a lot younger a friend and myself were out trying to get chickens with our home made bows and we got into an argument and he tried to shoot me. I felt the feathers from the arrow touch the side of my face as it flew past my eye ball. Man I was so pissed I beat the crap out of him and broke his bow into pieces. Came very close to losing an eye that day.

Be carefull
    Eric

Neighbor kid shot at me cause I wouldn't share my fishing gear.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

My brother in laws 300 win mag miss fired and went thru the front fender of my dads truck.

I had an old bow when I was about 10 and my friend and I used to shoot it straight up in the air and dodge the arrows when they came down. They would dissappear and then by the time you saw them coming back down you didn't have much time to move. They never really came straight down to the exact spot but close, seeing that little speck coming back down in the general vicinity made us a little jumpy. That all stopped when the angle was wrong and the arrow entered the top of the neighbors Trans-Am. Went in the roof and had about an inch sticking through the roof liner. The ***** Whoopin' I got was probably worse than if I had been hit by the arrow.

We lost a guy when I was younger who shot a broadhead tipped arrow into the air and it came down into his forehead.

My late best friend was stalking a bison and being filmed by another buddy. He had made cedar arrows with flint heads for this hunt, and always shot a long bow. It was a very cold morning. The filmer was on one side of the bull, the hunter on the other. When my buddy shot the arrow went low, hit the hard frozen ground, and deflected into the calf of the guy with the camera. The flint head did a number on him. They bandaged the leg, and proceeded to stalk and kill the bull. Made for some interesting video!!!

Default Alaska Gray

Do you care to share your story?

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    Yes Gary, please share. Apparently there is a story out there I haven't heard yet

Talk about getting thrown under the bus now......

Bill at back country many many years ago was measuring new arrows Easton 2413 for me. I was at full draw and he marked the arrow. He grabbed (to take the arrow of the string) the arrow and pulled it, next thing I knew there was a loud bang and arrow pieces going everywhere. Bill has jumping up and and ran into his office. A piece of arrow when into his hand.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Sorry man to call you out

Bill said you felt very bad. I was surprised he still lets you shoot at his place! Not sure how the story came up but it did! Thought it was interesting and just had to be there to here him talking about it. Man couldn't imagine though, never really noticed his hand but he said it was affected a little bit and still gives him trouble or something.

You should hear his side of the story....lol

I'm so sorry Gray but...........DUDE YOU SHOT BILL!!!!!!!!

That's like shooting hmmmmmm.......Howard Hill maybe!
    BHA Member
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Don't feel too bad, Fred Bear's sister cut one of his fingers off.
    BHA Member

Bill said you felt very bad. I was surprised he still lets you shoot at his place! Not sure how the story came up but it did! Thought it was interesting and just had to be there to here him talking about it. Man couldn't imagine though, never really noticed his hand but he said it was affected a little bit and still gives him trouble or something.

You should hear his side of the story....lol
    I heard it. We joke about it now. After this he bought a long bow that has a built in measuring arrow in it. Also after that incident he never grabbed another arrow off a person string.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Many moons ago, my friend and I was playing a game of chicken, I shot him in the shin with a field point...I was aiming at the ground in front of him, honest.

Gary

Glad to hear Bill learned his lesson.

And that your a good guy with a great sense of humor!
    BHA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast