Thread: My ATV Tracks Report(Kimplex Commander Treks on an 06 Kingquad 700)

Default My ATV Tracks Report(Kimplex Commander Treks on an 06 Kingquad 700)

Well I'm up on the slope now, so I don't have any pictures handy, I'll post some when I get home..........

INSTALLATION

It took me about 2 hrs to install them. It was a simple bolt on kit that mounts on the bottom of your A arms. The tracks then bolt up to the wheelers hubs.
    ***word to the wise*** check all the bolts for the right torque specs before you venture to far. Especially the ones that the manufacturer tightens when assembled at the factory.

PERFORMANCE
    It seems that they perform pretty well. I plowed with them and was able to push a lot more snow. I could push snow up and over the existing snow banks with no problems at all. I decided I'd take a run up Baldy from the Wasilla side on the tracks first trial. For those of you that aren't familar with the Swiftwater Creek Trail onto Bald Mt. Ridge, it is a fairly steep climb in places once you start up the mountain. When I arrived at the trailhead the trail had about a foot of well packed snow from all the snowmachines. I found the edges of the tracks throw a lot of snow and tend to catch when manuvering in and out of ruts/trenches etc. I guess thats kind of the nature of the beast though. The tracks did well on the various climbs, I didn't get stuck or have to make any second attempts on any of hills.
    .................continued..............

Default Tracks Report contiued

On my way up the mountain I stopped ocasionally and checked everything on and around the tracks to make sure nothing was wrong. I noticed snow was building up and packing in around the wheel side CV boots on the rear end of my wheeler. I would use my fingers to clean out around them the best I could but the heat from the wheeler was setting the snow up pretty good. It eventually twisted one of the boots up and unseated it from it's correct position. It never exposed the joint or tore the boot, but I can fore see problems if I can't come up with a solution to keep the snow out from around the boot. On the last steep incline I came to a sudden stop. I gave it more gas and started to spin the tracks, so I locked the diff and put it in low. Three of the four tracks spun and the right rear track just sat there. I locked the brake and started to investigate. There are four bolts that hold a drive sprocket on to a metal plate that bolts onto the ATV hub. Well...........3 of the 4 had fallen out and the fourth ripped through the sprocket.
    ...................continued.................

Default ATV Tracks Report continued

Luckily I was able to back my wheeler down the hill I was currently on and turn around. The sprocket was just floating in the track assembly grinding and carrying on. The wheeler still was functional though, so down the mountain I go, hopeing to make it home in time to call the guy I bought them from and chew some @$$. things went ok other then one up hill section in which I had to winch myself up. 3 different hook up points it took about an hour. Finally to the truck and home I go. I called the dealer I bought the tracks from and he was more upset than I was. He called the Manufacturer and chewed a little for himself. The dealer (ATVtracks.net) took care of me and Fedex'd me all the replacement parts I needed. The machine is back together all bolts checked twice and things are good for now. The tracks come preassembled from the factory, so those bolts should have be torqued down. All in all other then the bolt issue I think they performed pretty good. My main concern right now is the snow building around the CV boots/joints, if anyone has suggestions please share them!

Hey, I have an '07 King Quad 700. What did the set of tracks cost you? Also, after having driven it with the tracks on where they worth the money?
    Ryan Tollefsen
    Prudential Jack White Vista Real Estate

Alaska Real Estate
    Anchorage Real Estate

The tracks were about $3850.00 with shipping. If I can solve the CV boot problem and no other issues arise then I'd say they were worth it. I haven't put more then 30 miles on them yet , so it's still a little hard to tell. When I get home in a week I'll put some more miles on them and then post some pictures and some additional info.