Thread: Quartz Lake Report Dec 08

Default Quartz Lake Report Dec 08

The latest ice fishing report for Quartz Lake (Interior) can be viewed at youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIiCByM9dyk

Fishing was good, Enjoy

TSS
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

nice job, thanks for the vid...the auger footage was great...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

I see and Emmy in your future for sure. Look out speilberg
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Where is this lake, anyway? Those are nice sized fish and I've got a father-in-law with a couple power augers ready to go. Looks like you just drive right up to the lake, which is handy for those of us who don't have snowmachines of 4-wheelers.

Default way north

Jedi master is from the north pole area. His forces run strong way up north. I have seen his force on video in Valdez as well and he is the master. Quartz lake they are fishing is in the FBKS area. He is also a master of the Grayling also. Top knotch guy and if you head north he might hook you up. Shoot him a pm and say hi. Dennis is a gret guy but bring your make up and a smile. May the Force be with you

Yep, I've watched several of his videos. Valdez in KISS makeup...lol...had to send my bro down south that link. He's way into KISS...paid something like a grand to get backstage passes. Craziness.

Unfortunately, I think I'll be working too hard to take a long trip north any time soon. I'd love to get hooked into some of those 'bows, though.

We caught our share of chunks at Quartz a week or so ago, with a couple in the 18-20" range and lost 3 that were bigger. One was a hog I was having a hard time pulling him through the hole and the line broke when I tried pulling him up through the hole hand line style, cuz the rod would not lift him out. Then the buddy I went with , went back this week and only caught a few dinks.

Had a pretty decent afternoon at Quartz today. Took the family and landed three pan size rainbows in about twenty minutes on eggs. The kid had a hoot.

Took 'em home and total time from water to plate was about an hour and a half. Delicious!

I've really got to do that more often...

Default Save some for me!

TSS,
    I'm on my way...2 weeks and counting. First day flying the bird coming up this Friday.

Sapper 2-7
    Sapper in the Skies

Default My morning Laugh

Just checked out the video...hilarious and well produced! Classic auger footage and I am still laughing at the ending! BEAUTIFUL fish too!

Sapper 2-7
    Sapper in the Skies

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post
    Had a pretty decent afternoon at Quartz today. Took the family and landed three pan size rainbows in about twenty minutes on eggs. The kid had a hoot.

Took 'em home and total time from water to plate was about an hour and a half. Delicious!

I've really got to do that more often...
    Nice, glad you had a good time. Can't beat the warm weather and good fishing. Makes for a day well spent.

Fish On!
    http://www.youtube.com/growden1

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Default Thanks for the looks

Thank you for all that have checked out the video!

TJM; sweet, I am just know getting the camera under water hope to learn more to get better as I go.

AlaskaChuck; You are a wise and noble sourdough, thanks for the kind comments, you have more big fish in your future, I hope there are no hard feelings from the niners game, the past can hurt but its in the past.

coho slayer; Quartz lake is a popular lake off the Richardson hwy 90 miles from NoPo, we are using big hooks and big bait...keeps the dinkers away.
    Although very close (basically mimics) to the original book Alaska Highway Angler, the Ice Fishing version is a good inexpensive source to use for access to lakes in the State for ice fishing.

Sapper27; I ready for your return, lets go fishing, you got to promise me a flight in the whirly bird when you retire and become a rotary wing bush pilot.

Growden1; Remember the creed of the Salmon Jedi! I will be searching for your tailsman, so you can complete your destiny.

TSS
    Last edited by JediMasterSalmonSlayer; 12-08-2008 at 21:02. Reason: added more bs
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Default Feelings

Nah, No hard feelings. Remember Im married and have no feelings anyway. Enjoy your hard water time ill get even onthe grayling outing this year

Default EPIC footage

Once again, Epic footage! You know how to promote the sport of fishing! Thanks for sharing
    Although some can call it Catchin', I still have to call it fishin'.