Thread: My Son

Default My Son

Here are some pics of my oldest son, 5 1/2 yo. He has been shooting the youth target league at Archer's Den. I was just impressed with his ability to finish the entire round. Some Saturdays that round is 60 arrows. Today it was a FITA round, and only 30 arrows.

akjeff
    A proud dad.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very cool! I cant wait to put a bow in Gunther's hands! Right now he'd just use it to bludgeon one of the dogs so I guess I'll wait till he's 3.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

What type of bow does your little man use? I have a 6 yr. old I would like to get started in bow shooting.
    Very cool pics!

He shoots a Whisper Creek Phantom. It is very, very adjustable. He is currently shooting bare-bow, no sight, no peep and fingers.

That's awesome. My son Justin is a multi time state champ in the cub division. He had to move up to youth this year so it's going to be more challenging for him. Justin started at 5 also.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    Very cool! I cant wait to put a bow in Gunther's hands! Right now he'd just use it to bludgeon one of the dogs so I guess I'll wait till he's 3.
    Exactly my thought, Rick. Silas can hold onto a bottle right now, but at 6 months a bow might be a bit much. Soon enough, though!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

I have several youth models... the glass long bows and the wheeled Walmart speacials... the kids all learn with out aides of any type as i did. and the cheap bows hold op to... 4 and 5 year olds tossing them on the ground etc....and you can gt the basics of safety and function, down before you start buying them Weapons..

I will probably be parting with several of them this year..kids are getting bigger and better, so if there is a kiddo in need of one.let me know.

Vince
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Brian

Enjoy the time you have now Bro, soon enough you'll be missing rocking Silas to sleep and cuddle time. Gunther has grown so fast it's surreal! In many ways he's more fun now than ever.........in others he's extremely challenging! My poor dogs get the brunt of it. He head butted Sequoia so hard this morning it staggered her! She's a 85 pound pitbull / sled dog mix.
    BHA Member
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    Brian

Enjoy the time you have now Bro, soon enough you'll be missing rocking Silas to sleep and cuddle time. Gunther has grown so fast it's surreal! In many ways he's more fun now than ever.........in others he's extremely challenging! My poor dogs get the brunt of it. He head butted Sequoia so hard this morning it staggered her! She's a 85 pound pitbull / sled dog mix.

no kidding Annalyssa is 10months as of yesterday and i caught her first steps on camera...her attention is way beyond sitting and cuddling anymore.. the "little baby time" is gone.. we put vinyl lattice along the stairs and open places she could fall when crawling... now she just climbs it...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Guns favorite game climb the baby gate at the base of the stairs, make your way along the outside of the stair rail till you reach a good launching point over the couch. Leap into 6 feet of empty space and land on the couch, if there happens to be a dog to land on all the better. And were not even going to discuss what he dragged out of Mommy and Daddy's play time drawer! So much fun when they figure the door knob thing out!

Oh and Gun has tons of potential in the visual arts........you should see his poo paintings! (hint when you switch to a toddler bed lock up the diaper pail at night)
    BHA Member

This one is cute but really freaked me out at first. I went into his room to check on him but he wasn't in his bed or sleeping on the floor. Just as I was about to start yelling for him I saw him in the clothes hamper. I have no idea how he managed it but he some how got in it and fell alseep.
    BHA Member

Smile Enjoy

them "little-ones" because if you blink they will be driving away in minute. Have fun.

Smile Way to go Jackson!

Jeff I am so proud of Jackson! That is great he and Jyll need to get some shooting time in together~! I think we are going to get rid of her camo whisper creek for the pink one that dad has sitting at his house. imagine that Jyll with a pink bow...teehee! Dad said you and Amanda are going to Redding this year....that is great I'm not going but Grant is, I got his tickets and everything for him for Christmas now if he can only get the time off.
    Talk to you soon
    Amy

Jeff,

I've watched Jackson on a couple of different occasions, he is amazing! He gets up on the line and lets 'em rip! My daughter is 8 and has shot along side him and he puts her to shame on occasion . I loved his "Robin Hood" hat he wore after Halloween!

Good on you for keeping him involved!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Amy, Thanks. I think that pink camo bow is soooo cool. If I only had a girl. I also need to get the time off for Redding, but we are going.

AKMud, Thanks too. He is good at letin em rip. His little brother wants a bow so so bad, but not yet.

My 13 y.o. daughter and I will be in Redding this year. I'm taking her turkey hunting south of there the week before, then traveling up to Redding to shoot. We'll have to meet up and say hi.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Doug, That sounds great. We should meet up before Redding. Are you doing the ABA banquet?