Thread: Nikon Spotter XL II

Default Nikon Spotter XL II

I am looking for some feedback on this scope. I am a sheep hunter, and my old scope took a dump. It looks like a great compact scope for the price.

Great scope for that category of scopes.

That's what I use and I am very pleased with it. For the price it can't be matched.

How does it compare to the Bushnell Elite?

I've used one a bit sheep hunting and found it lacking. That said, I don't know of a better alternative if that's the price and weight range you set on.

Smile

Well it must be popular among sheep hunters as I have one also. They appear to be very well made as mine has seen a lot of use and its like new. A friend had a cheaper bushnell and while focusing it the knob fell off the first time he used it. It certainly is not as clear as those 1500 dollar scopes and not nearly as powerful but its nice for the money and those scopes are heavier. One problem when choosing a scope, they all look clear in the store. But out in the rain, fog and darkness is when you can tell the quality.
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

Default Fine scope for the price

My partner and I used one for at least 10 years. I recently upgrade to a Leica, but the Nikon xl is a darn good scope for the price.