Hi All,

I am a brand new member to your forum, from Seattle. I am considering a trip to Ketchikan in September. There is a small lodge there (3 bed, 2 bath) that caters to small groups. They offer guided and non-guided fishing. Here is what we have a quote for so far:

6 guys, 1 day of guided trolling (just our group on a boat, not part of a huge charter), then 4 days self-guided, with the use of a 20 foot Hewescraft (?) Aluminum boat, a rental van for easy trips in and around town, and lodging in the cabin (10 min north of Ketchikan). Total is about $1,000 per person for the week. Does not include airfare, food, beer, gas for the boat, and/or flies or bait for trolling.

Apparently there are some river options that we could drive or boat to, since the small boat can only really accomodate 4 for trolling.

Questions:
1. This seems like a pretty good deal. Has anyone done a trip like this that could give me input.
2. They have an opening in the middle of Sept. when the silvers are supposed to be thick! Is that a good time to go fishing and/or weather wise?
3. Does anyone know of an equivelant length and cost of trip that would focus on river fishing?
4. Other obvious costs I'm missing?

Thanks for the input.

Pieter