Thread: Zeiss Conquest scopes

Default Zeiss Conquest scopes

I'm looking into purchasing one, does anyone have one of these. Or have they been around them? if htey have, are they any good.
    Thanks for the imput

I have one on a 338WM in 3-9x40 and its a sweet scope! The glass is ultra clear.

I have a 3x9 Conquest as well. They're crystal clear and bright and have probably the best glass your going to find for the money. They have etched glass reticles which you only in high dollar scopes and have a lifetime warranty. Check one out, I think you'll like them. I absolutely love mine and would by another in an instant.

Default Zeiss Conquest

I have one on my Kimber 8400 in 325 WSM. I concur with the other guys. Great scope and good value for the money.

Default Mine is great

I have one on my .338wm and it is noticeably better than the Leupold I have on my .30-06. Will be what I buy from now on.

I have one on my 280rem and I love it, I will be replacing the Leupolds on my other rifles with the Conquest.

Doug

Question

I've read about the conquest having two different "qualities", meaning same name...one is manufactured better. Has anyone heard of this? If so, how do you tell the difference?
    bnr

I do not have the foggiest what the differnece might be as I have not researched the topic, I can only say for me personally my decision was made after seeing the clarity of the glass and also the fact that they are etched reticles meaning the crosshairs remain clear throughout the power range of the scope. As I have gotten older my eyes are not what they once were and this scope has made a tremendous difference in my shooting accuracy.

Doug

The difference in quality is in the glass itself. Kind of like how Zeiss has the Conquest binos and then they have the Victory's. just better quality glass and 30mm tubes.

Default Okay...

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaCub View Post
    The difference in quality is in the glass itself. Kind of like how Zeiss has the Conquest binos and then they have the Victory's. just better quality glass and 30mm tubes.
    So how do I tell the difference??? Base it on price alone? Will I notice a difference just by peaking through one? I have always used Luepold's, but these have been highly recommended and I don't have the best eyesite...so I thought I'd give one a try. What would I top a 7 mag or a .300 mag with. Suggestions for any make/model/size that you find better or more comfortable? What would be a light gathering comparison to say and Luepold 40 obj/30 tube be?

Thanks, joshua

Josh I only know of one line with the name Conquest of Zeiss. They have 1" tubes and vary in many different sizes. I personally dont use anything bigger than a 3-9x40 for my big game rifles, I use adjustable objective higher magnification scopes on my predator guns. The Zeiss are a little heavier than the Leupy's but they are awesome scopes.

Talking you've about got me convinced...

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaCub View Post
    Josh I only know of one line with the name Conquest of Zeiss. They have 1" tubes and vary in many different sizes. I personally dont use anything bigger than a 3-9x40 for my big game rifles, I use adjustable objective higher magnification scopes on my predator guns. The Zeiss are a little heavier than the Leupy's but they are awesome scopes.
    I can't believe it! As I mentioned before, I don't have great eyesite and things seem to look a little different through my eye than the common man. I will now HAVE TO buy one and look through it side-by-side with one of my Leupolds...I'll let you know how I make out. Thanks for all the help and if they are as great as proclaimed...well, I may have a few Leupy's for sale!

Good Shootin,
    Joshua

Default "two different qualities"

Josh, The "two different qualities" of the Conquest scopes comes from where they were assembled. The Conquest scopes you find at your local sporting goods shop are assembled in the U.S. with parts shipped over from Zeiss in Germany. The scopes shipped throughout Europe are assembled by Zeiss in Germany. I've read on another website that the scopes assembled in Germany are a slightly better quality. If they actually are, I have no idea, but that's where the different qualities discussion comes from.

As for being able to tell the difference in clarity compaired to your Leo's, well I can tell a noticable difference. The Conquest is also supposed to edge out the Leo's in lowlight performance. I haven't made the comparison being that my Conquest is a 50mm and my Leo a 40mm, so it would be an exact comparison.

The 3x9x40 is always a good combo(runs $399), or they have a 2.5x8x32, and a new 1.8x5.5x38.

Talking It's been added to the Christmas list!

Wonderer, 3x9x40 is what I will compare to my current scopes. Coral will be happy about the price drop. I will check um out this weekend.

Joshua,

Sorry, I called you Josh in my post. I have to correct people all the time for calling me Shawn. Mt.View Sports and Sportsman's carry the Conquest if your around Anchorage and want to compare.

Shane

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

Cool NO worries...

Josh/Joshua...they both start with J. I am just used to typing the full length. No offense taken.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Wonderer View Post
    Joshua,

Sorry, I called you Josh in my post. I have to correct people all the time for calling me Shawn. Mt.View Sports and Sportsman's carry the Conquest if your around Anchorage and want to compare.

Shane

Quote Originally Posted by t-w-t View Post
    I have one on my Kimber 8400 in 325 WSM. I concur with the other guys. Great scope and good value for the money.
    Diddo, same rifle & caliber...perfect match. A big plus is the ample eye relief (3"), and the light gathering capability is second to none. I prefer it over the Swavorski any day.

Default thanks

bought one a while back, forgot I had this post, I really like it so far, thanks for all the info