Thread: Stolen traps

Default Stolen traps

Went out grouse hunting today with my hunting buddy at the Tatalina bridge on the elliot hwy. I also had some marten and fox sets there, lost 3 marten sets 2-110 conibears,1 #1 ls to a thief, along with one fox set(1-1/2 sleepy creek coilspring & drag). got a pretty good idea it was another trapper just up the road. God help the piece of chit if I catch them.

Wire was removed along with trap and all bait....I'm [Please excuse my language... I'm an idiot]....

Oh and by the way, whomever you are you missed one, you didnt get the 1 coilspring attached to the drag toggle in the creek bed because the toggle was covered with snow where the chain was attached.

AKtrpr

Wow, very sorry to hear about this. It seems like it is becoming more common these days...

is there a point to engrave them with those handy dandy take home kits?

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

All of our traps are engraved with identifying marks.
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

You should report it to the troopers if you haven't already. Never know they may catch them sometime. It's also good if you have id marks on the trap incase one of them gets set illegally in the future. Keeps your name clear of anything. Trooper gave me that advice once.

Sorry, lost dozens of traps over the years. Never understood what drives people to do a thing like that. Even lost a lynx and the trap once.

John

Sorry to hear that. Years ago when I did some trapping we had problems with people steeling animals out of the traps but they never took any of my traps.