Thread: 4 wheeler or sno-go

Default 4 wheeler or sno-go

Can you get to figure eight or flat horn with 4 wheeler or sno-go's
    iam thinking about takeing the new rhino. Thanks for all your help

ya you won't have any problems. as long as the vehicle you intend to take weighs under 1000lbs, you are fine.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

whats the deal with under 1000 pounds is their a weight restriction or is it the snow.

Talking did great

caught atleast 20 fish and missed 5 or 6 it was a pretty good day on the ice, I will be back my next week off. No pics camera was dead thanks to the wife and kids. Hope you all did good today.
    Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
    whats the deal with under 1000 pounds is their a weight restriction or is it the snow.
    Yes, to drive on the Sustina Flats Game Refuge, (which is that area) your vehicle must weigh under 1000lbs. HOWEVER, in years past, when they have had the ice road, we have driven our trucks all the way to the Figure 8 trailhead.

Great to hear you did good at Figure 8, maybe it will keep up. i've been hearing it hasn't been very good and we didn't do very good the time we have been out this year.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    Yes, to drive on the Sustina Flats Game Refuge, (which is that area) your vehicle must weigh under 1000lbs. HOWEVER, in years past, when they have had the ice road, we have driven our trucks all the way to the Figure 8 trailhead.

Great to hear you did good at Figure 8, maybe it will keep up. i've been hearing it hasn't been very good and we didn't do very good the time we have been out this year.
    I think the electric company builds the ice road out to their power plant every winter, some folks on a skiing forum were planning a mt. susitna trip last year using the ice road
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    I think the electric company builds the ice road out to their power plant every winter, some folks on a skiing forum were planning a mt. susitna trip last year using the ice road
    No, they didn't make it last year.

Glad to here that you had a great day of fishing Big Daddy!
    Ryan Tollefsen
    Prudential Jack White Vista Real Estate

Alaska Real Estate
    Anchorage Real Estate

I live in Chugiak. What is the easiest way to get there? I'd like to take my son.

Thanks

So no one on hear remembers how to get there? I know to take the glenn north and then to Wasilla. I want to take my 3 year old son so that experience some good fishing.

Oh there's a way out there.... but no one is just going to give it up..... hit me up with a PM if you want the directions. I feel generous...