Thread: BOG proposal deadline

Default BOG proposal deadline

Today at closing time is the deadline for BOG proposals for the Southcentral and Southwest. If you are working on any get them done and in before closing time tonight. Here is their contact info:

Southcentral Region
    Sherry Wright
    333 Raspberry Road
    Anchorage, AK 99518-1599
    Phone: (907) 267-2354
    Fax: (907) 267-2489
    sherry.wright@alaska.gov

Southwest Region
    Joe Chythlook
    PO Box 1030
    Dillingham, AK 99576
    Phone: (907) 842-5142
    Fax907) 842-5514
    joseph.chythlook@alaska.gov

Kristy Tibbles
    Executive Director
    Board of Game
    PO Box 115526
    Juneau, AK 99811
    Phone: (907) 465-4110
    Fax: (907) 465-6094
    kristy.tibbles@alaska.gov
    Chuck

Default Here is what I sent in!

Here are two of the proposals that I submitted.
    Last edited by tv321; 10-15-2009 at 21:39.

Default two more!

2 more proposals

Default and 2 more

two more proposals.

Default 2 more

this site only allows 2. sorry

Default last two

Yes, my last two!

If you don't like them, feel free to go to the next BOG meeting and voice your opinion!

Troy

shoot... I have been running around so much this week I didn't get my black bear prop sent in!! The deadline is in 15 minutes (5pm). I don't have a Fax machine..

Oh well I emailed it to sherry wright above however it probably won't get included...

Sherry's pretty good about things if you got them in before she shut down for the night she'll take care of them.

Things caught me by surprise to I was thinking I had a couple of weeks I just happened to check the due dates at five this morning. I sent two in one to eliminate sealing marten and beaver and go to a harvest report card the other about the way tier II points are awarded.
    Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by tv321 View Post
    Yes, my last two!

If you don't like them, feel free to go to the next BOG meeting and voice your opinion!

Troy
    Troy - Did you make any adjustments based on the feedback you got here?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

good work there Troy Of the lot.. the youth hunt looks the best. and my make the book... a lot of thought and information in that one...

the only thing that may kick it is the F&G guide req.

lets see wha the book brings back for coments and pick out the ones we like.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by hiline View Post
    Sherry's pretty good about things if you got them in before she shut down for the night she'll take care of them.

Things caught me by surprise to I was thinking I had a couple of weeks I just happened to check the due dates at five this morning. I sent two in one to eliminate sealing marten and beaver and go to a harvest report card the other about the way tier II points are awarded.
    I got an email back from her saying she forwarded it. As I understand the Anchorage AC put in a prop to liberalize the coyote season/bag limit for unit 14 so hopefully we have all our bases covered and can make some progress.

Quote Originally Posted by tv321 View Post
    Yes, my last two!

Troy
    Interesting proposals. A few questions:

1) How do you expect the BOG to regulate aircraft flying through an area for purposes not related to hunting? The BOG does not have the authority to do that.

2) In the youth moose hunt proposal you mention that the hunt would open the day after Christmas break begins. The proposal covers GMUs over most of south central Alaska with several different school districts. Do all those school districts have the same dates for Christmas break?

3) Aside from submitting these proposals what is your strategy for getting them adopted? Do you plan to call BOG members and lobby them? What about trying to get support from ADF&G and groups like ABHA? The process you go through before and during the BOG might be interesting for others who consider submitting proposals.