Thread: Kelty packs

Default Kelty packs

Hi all. Have been thinking of buying the 'Kelty Super Tioga' external frame pack, watched a review on it from some guy in the south east, seems like a good pack but would love to hear any comments or reviews from you guys up north. I spend alot of time fishing and hunting in the canadian rockies and have until now always used a internal frame pack.
    Any input would be great.
    Thanks

Lads,
    I've used a Kelty Tioga for 35 years and can't speak highly enough about them. My first was given to me as a gift when I finished 8th grade. I used that one up until about ten years go when the frame was broken in an airplane crash. I replaced it with one of the new ones which is even better and has been sheep hunting with me every year since.

I have a Kelty 50th Anniversary edition pack with the "hourglass" frame. I think the super Tiogas are like that aren't they? They used to be anyway. I really like the pack but the belt was a little iffy when hauling heavy (100 lb +) loads. But, last year replaced/upgraded the belt with a Super Tioga belt from Kelty. Really nice. This is my sheep hunting pack and it works great. I still have a late 70's vintage Kelty frame pack that I used as a short haul moose quarter frame. I took off the bag and rigged up a meat shelf. Nothing wrong with Kelty frame packs in my opinion.

Default thanks

thanks guys think i'll get it!

Sierratradingpost.com has had a lot of Kelty packs in the past. They may be worth looking at. Same gear, 1/2 off. If you order, shoot me a PM, I've got some 20%off codes.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Another vote for the Kelty Super Tioga. It's a super pack with a decent frame for it's price.
    Bought mine 2 yrs ago from Campmor.com, and they have some in stock again.

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___60678

Only issue I got is that it sticks up high fully loaded, which is heck in the tree limbs sometime, but that's a location issue, not a pack design issue.