Thread: 56mm scope on a CZ 550 rifle???

Default 56mm scope on a CZ 550 rifle???

Anyone know of a set of rings that will work for the built in weaver style bases on the CZ 550 .22-250 that will mount a scope with a 56mm objective and 30mm tube? I spent the day calling around locally and none of them had anything and the last one I called said they dont make anything yet and I will have to go to a smaller scope. I find that a little hard to believe, the built in mount looks like a standard extra tall weaver ring should work. Am I missing something?
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Default Rings

I have a couple of suggestions. First, unless CZ has come up with something completely new, they are not Weaver style bases. They are CZ 550 19MM dovetail. Try Warne or Badger Ordnance, if your local shop does not have them give brownells a try. Or, you can have a gunsmith drill and tap the flats for 2 weaver bases (flat ones, I cant remember the part #). Then you can put whatever weaver style rings on you want.
    What you want to do can be done.

Default Thanks

Thanks I will give them both a try. I would rather use the built in bases if possible, but I will have to see what I can come up with.

I looked at Badger and I guess I remembered wrong. It does not look like they make CZ rings. Leupold, Talley and Millet all make high 30MM rings for the 550 as well--they might be high enough.

So far none of the above are panning out. Warne seams to think that their tall rings for the 550 will work so I ordered a set. I will see when they get here.

I would think the warn rings would work. They are already tall to begin with to allow the bolt handle to clear the scope upon opening. If the warnes dont work try talley. They are a little more ??? but the stell ones are nice. Hows the CZ shoot for you?

I have not shot it yet. Still waiting on a set of rings to see if I can mount this scope. I talked to a few others that have them and swear by them so my expectation is pretty high. I am really looking forward to taking it out to the cabin and work on the fox/coyotes/wolves out there!